First of all I have to say it was not the typical chain we stay in and felt "different" to us.
The room would have been fine except for the smokey smell. We had a King with fold out sofa. It was spacious enough etc... but when we entered I noticed a very "fresh, fabrezzy" type smell with an underlying "old smoke" type smell. I thought I remembered in reading reviews that others had complained of this so I didn't bother to call down. We were exhausted after a our drive and wanted to get settled. The fresh smell wasn't bad and figured it would be okay.
We came back the next day after being gone all day and the room reeked of smoke. There was no fresh smell now. I would have tried to change but it was past 11 p.m. and we'd been on our feet all day and were in no mood to try to switch rooms even if they'd offered.
Leaving the next morning we addressed the issue and asked if they could clean like they did that first day and leave the "fresh" smell again. He seemed to indicate to us that we might have a smoking room though we were supposed to have a non-smoking but said they'd been making changes so he wasn't sure. The hotel was/is under construction.
Coming back, again smoke smell, no freshness but we were leaving in the morning and it was late so we dealt with it.
The breakfast area was under construction so they served it on the second floor. It was typical of hotel breakfasts. They did have trays so you could take it back to your room which was nice.
The kitchen in the room was adequate. It had silverware, a few cups, plates etc... We did some things in the microwave and made use of the fridge.
The pillows were very flat. Bring your own if you can.
Did appreciate the business center. They have computer with printer available 24 hours which helped us get something we needed to change for our event done and printed quickly.
Would we go back....probably not. There are other ones we prefer just happened to not be in this area where we needed one close to our event.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati offers upscale, affordable, all-suite accommodations. The property is located in the Sharonville area, conveniently situated off of I-75 and near I-275 loop, within range of many great local dining establishments and retail outlets. Retire to the privacy and comfort of separate living, working, eating and sleeping areas in your extended stay lodging. Relax in spacious suites that are 50 percent larger than traditional hotel rooms. Watch your favorite movies on our large 42in plasma television with all hi-def channels and DVD player and retire to a wonderful nights sleep with our plush pillow-top mattresses. Whip up your favorite meals in your own, full-sized, fully equipped kitchen. Complimentary hot breakfast and free fiber optic Wifi provided to our guests. In addition, the hotel provides guest laundry, fitness room, and indoor heated pool to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Travelocity so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Hawthorn Suites Cincinnati
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Ohio