We chose this property based on a combination of the reviews, property website, and value for the area. While our experience was okay, I expected a little more from the room based on the information I had received prior to our stay.
This hotel is located north of Cincinnati, about 20 minutes from downtown. It is a quiet location and the exterior was very nice. While it's a little bit of a drive from downtown, it's location is very convenient with I-75 and I-275 extremely accessible. Also, Sharon Woods Park (a must-see) is nearby, as well as a few restaurants. You aren't staying in the most thrilling area, but thrilling things aren't far away.
Check-in was a breeze, and all of the staff members were very friendly. The room itself was average--while the full kitchen (complete with full size refrigerator, range, and anything else you could need) and room layout were great, the general cleanliness and soundproofing definitely left something to be desired. The room was clean enough, but had a lived in feel and didn't quite match the exterior of the hotel, in my opinion.
Upon arrival, I noticed dirty (WET) towels on our bathtub. Gross, but after calling the front desk, housekeeping quickly came to retrieve them and apologized profusely. We then noticed we had been left with almost no paper towels and no tissue. Front desk quickly fulfilled our request. But it would have been nice to not have to worry about these little things. When you have been driving for hours, the last thing you want to do is worry about these little issues.
Wi-fi was a bit of a pain to get going each time we wanted to use it, but worked well enough once connected. And perhaps the most troubling issue was the amount of noise we could hear from other guests. My advice would be to try for a room on the top floor, that way you won't have to hear anyone above you. But I could hear people across the hall during the morning hours, and I'm certain they were able to hear my toddler's happy squeals, as well. Sleep was ROUGH, as our upstairs companions did not come to their room until 2-3AM, and proceeded to stomp and bang (but I really think they were just walking normally, honestly).
The indoor pool was nice and even shared an outdoor space that was quite pleasant in good weather. Breakfast was sufficient and very much appreciated--cereals, eggs, bacon, toast, muffins, etc. Coffee availability was top-notch! :)
All in all, I would consider staying here again if I were in the area, but will definitely check other properties first to compare rates and reviews.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati offers upscale, affordable, all-suite accommodations. The property is located in the Sharonville area, conveniently situated off of I-75 and near I-275 loop, within range of many great local dining establishments and retail outlets. Retire to the privacy and comfort of separate living, working, eating and sleeping areas in your extended stay lodging. Relax in spacious suites that are 50 percent larger than traditional hotel rooms. Watch your favorite movies on our large 42in plasma television with all hi-def channels and DVD player and retire to a wonderful nights sleep with our plush pillow-top mattresses. Whip up your favorite meals in your own, full-sized, fully equipped kitchen. Complimentary hot breakfast and free fiber optic Wifi provided to our guests. In addition, the hotel provides guest laundry, fitness room, and indoor heated pool to our guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Hotel Cincinnati
- Hawthorn Suites Cincinnati
- Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Cincinnati Ohio