“AMAZING HOTEL”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Ranked #12 of 52 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed July 6, 2012

Our family of five recently stayed at the Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati. Check-in was easy and we didn't have to wait. We arrived early, and to my suprise, our room was ready. This was a big plus for me since the reason for our trip was to take my two year old granddaughter to The Newport Aquarium. This hotel was about 16 miles from our destination but well worth it! The room was very large; two private spacious bedrooms with king beds in both rooms, each bedroom has it's own private bathroom. The beds were like sleeping on a cloud, very comfortable. Both rooms has a 42" flatscreen tv. The room has a living area with a sleeper sofa another 42" flatscreen, a complete kitchen with table. A large desk with chair. I was very pleased with the room, and we recieved a fantastic rate. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool was nice not really big but perfect for my family & I. The complimentary breakfast in the mornings was good with alot of choices (not your average complimentary breakfast). The nice people at the hotel also treated us to free pizza for dinner. My mother & I are both smokers & our room was non smoking but this didn't bother us at all because they have a nice area outside the pool with tables and chairs for smokers....even a nice grill for the barbeque lovers! I will definatel stay here again and will recommend to others.....Amazing hotel & staff!!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Melissa G
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

I am grateful to hear that your stay was so pleasant. We have Serta Pillowtop mattresses in all of our rooms. Our Two Bedroom Suite is one of six room types that we have at our property. It is ideal for families, especially with two bathrooms and a fully kitchen. We look forward to serving your again.

Thanks,

Reviewed July 2, 2012

What a tremendous experience at this hotel. I reserved a studio for my daughter's wedding night. I was upgraded to a nicer room for free due to some technicality at the hotel. But the best impression was made by Debbie who was in charge when I showed up at 10:30 p.m to arrange a nice surprise in my daughter's room. Debbie stopped what she was doing and helped me to get whatever dishes, glasses, and ice I needed. She came with me to the room and made suggestions for a beautiful set up. Her personal service was unmatched. Room was great, spacious, clean, and well equipped with whatever was needed.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 61frequenttraveler
Reviewed June 27, 2012

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank RMoore21
Reviewed June 18, 2012

My husband and I got a great rate on this hotel for two nights, about $75 per night on a weekend. We weren't looking to pay a lot, since this trip was all about shopping at the outlets and malls in the area. I was a little disappointed prior to our arrival, since this hotel insists on charging your credit card for the entire length of your stay, 24 hours before check-in. I understand that most hotels have policies about cancellations and no-shows, but rarely do they involve issue of payment before you even arrive. Seems this hotel might be insecure about keeping patrons' reservations once they arrive. Regardless, I don't favor this practice of business. Check-in was easy and we didn't have to wait. Our room was located on the 2nd floor. If your are looking for peace and quiet, I would suggest staying on the 3rd floor or a corner room. Walls are super thin and you can hear footsteps above your head at all hours, day and night. I will say that even though this hotel sits right off I-75, road noise was not an issue. The room was moderately clean. As stated in some previous comments, stains were found on some furniture pieces in the room. And, there were a couple random towels thrown over the sink in the bathroom when we arrived, presumably been used. Towels could use some refreshing. Several were tattered and with stains. Shower was very clean with adequate water pressure. Considering the hotel's faults, most importantly, we found the bed firm and quite comfortable. My husband and I slept well. The morning breakfast was adequate with ample choices. It suited us just fine, but those who are big breakfast eaters might think otherwise. Like others have said, there is no eating area. A little inconvenient, yes, but they do have trays so you may take your breakfast back to your room. Overall, this hotel was a solid average hotel. I cannot complain too much, because after all, we got a fantastic rate. But, as the old saying goes, "you get what you pay for." Would we stay here again? Probably not. But, it worked for us this time.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2012

We appreciate that you took time to share your review about your recent stay. Please know that your housekeeping issues will be addressed and are taken very seriously. In the hotel industry it is standard practice for a hotel to authorize a credit card before a guest's arrival in order to guarantee the room. As a courtesy to our guests, we take the extra time to call and confirm each reservation. We also use that time to inform our guests prior to arriving at our property that this will be taking place once their cancellation period has expired. We are very fortunate as a hotel to having many repeat guests. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us again.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Our family of five recently stayed at the Hawthorn Suites.

The good: The room was large; two private bedrooms with king sized beds and a bathroom. The rooms overall were pretty clean. The locatiion was really convenient to check out Jungle Jims and IKEA. It was a bit of a drive to downtown, but never more than 20 minutes. The rooms were rather quiet , I never heard any noise from the hallway. Check in, and out, was a breeze. The free breakfast was a plus. The fresh fruit and pastries were good. The microwave ready style eggs, sausage, and potatoes were just OK.

The bad: The table had cup stains from the previous guest. The chairs and sofa in the room had stains on them that kind of creeped me out. The sheets on the foldout couch did not seem like they had been changed recently. Housekeeping was quick to bring new sheets so that WE could put clean ones on.

Overall, the value for our large family was good. The hotel needs to improve cleanliness a bit. With a good rate, we would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank haywoodejablowme
Reviewed June 13, 2012

We recently stayed here and the "front desk staff" consisted of one person --- who also was apparently head of housekeeping --- and often not to be found at the desk if there were questions/concerns. When checking in we were told that they had already charged our credit card and someone should have called us for authorization (they didn't) --- and the lady said, "oh well, we already charged the whole weekend, so you don't owe anymore." The room was small and unkempt. The "free breakfast" was basically packed items with no where to sit and eat. We ordered a roll-away bed and the guy delivering it came into the room without knocking/announcing himself. We had to cut our stay short (mostly because we were so uncomfortable there). They promised a refund of $160 but only refunded $88. When I called them to inquire about it, the lady at the desk (the same one that was there the whole time we were, put me on hold for over 5 minutes, presumably hoping I'd hang up, because when when she did come back she said "I'm busy and you're tying up a phone line, can I call you back in a few minutes?" I said yes ... and guess what ... never a call back. Don't stay here!!!

Room Tip: There are none.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank David M
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2012

I would like to personally apologize that your stay was anything less than satisfying. Our goal as a hotel is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Please know that we take issues, such as this, very seriously and all concerns will be addressed. We have a very dependable and consistent staff that works the same shifts every week. We do have a separate front desk agent and head housekeeper. Our breakfast consist of over 20 items, including: fresh fruits, bread and English muffins, assorted danishes/muffins, three hot items (meat and potato), assorted cereal and milk, coffee, and two types of juices. I would like you know that we have plans to construct a breakfast dining area. We do provide trays for our guest to take breakfast back to their rooms. In regards to your refund, we do have a 24-hour cancellation/early departure notification policy, but if you would please contact us, we would be glad to review this issue for you and see if we can resolve such matters. We do agree that with a rollaway bed in our Studio Suite it may cause the room to feel small. Please call us directly next time so that we may assist you in selecting the correct room type for the number of guest that will be staying in the room.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

Very nice stay. Located off the highway, but not to close. The Staff is very frendly and helpful. The Hotel is clean and comfortable. I always enjoy my stay here andI will return in the future.
Thank you again for a great stay!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family