“VERY nice room with a great kitchen- the fridge even had an ice maker!!”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati
Ranked #12 of 51 Hotels in Cincinnati
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed in this hotel one night on my way to Pennsylvania. Although the hotel is in an area with a bit of "industrial" flavor there was plenty of shopping nearby. And a Bob Evans really close that served up some awesome banana nut bread and blueberry bread... Yum!!
Check-in was easy. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The two ladies on duty when we checked in certainly represented the hotel very well.
The bed was a little small for sharing with my husband but overall this was a very nice room. It was clean and had all the little extras like a dirty clothes bag, shampoos, etc.
The nicest feature was the kitchen area- with a full size fridge that even had a working ice maker! There was a stove top, good amount of counter space, and the cabinets were even stocked with all the dishes you would need to make and serve a meal. If you plan on staying in Cincinnati for a while this would be a great place.
The breakfast was okay- the selection was limited but the bacon was good.
I'm torn between a Very Good rating and an Excellent rating... I'm only going with Very Good because of the "industrial" feel of the neighborhood.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HoopersGirl
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2012

Thank you for your comments. They are greatly appreciated. I am pleased to hear that your stay was enjoyable. I am happy to say that all of our rooms come with the full kitchen, which includes: full-size refrigerators, coffee makers, microwave, toaster, and oven. They are also all fully stocked with all of the utensils that would be needed in the kitchen. We hope that if you are ever passing through the area again that you choose to stay with us again!

There are newer reviews for Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati

Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I took a weekend getaway to Cincinnati and have previously stayed at Wyndham hotels, so we thought we would try out Hawthorn. We were pleased before we ever even arrived! It was easy access from the highway, easy to find. Tucked back off the road away from traffic noise and secluded. The lady at the front desk was wonderful. Check-in was a breeze. The room was extremely clean! The bed was phenomenal. Although we did not use our kitchen, it was fully equipped with everything you may need. The pool was great. The hot breakfast was amazing- they have trays so you may take your breakfast back to your room- we loved that option! We had left to get dinner and came in late and I was pleased to have to use my key-card to re-enter the building. It felt safe there. Arriving to fresh cookies at check in was a plus! Check out took all of 30 seconds. We will most definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All rooms have a full kitchen
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

I am delighted to hear about your stay with our hotel. It sounds as though it was very enjoyable and you took advantage of many of our amenities. Thank you so much for your sharing about your stay. I hope that on your next weekend getaway to Cincinnati you stay with us again!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

One of the better hotels that we have been too. Room was very nice and spacious. Pool was great. Very much enjoyed the free cookies at the front door! Would consider again!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Brent B
hawthorncincy, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2012

I greatly appreciate your review. I am happy to say that we have fresh cookies at the desk 24-hours a day. Hope to have you stay with us again soon! ~Shaun Pan

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was impressed with this hotel even before I arrived. I flew from Washington DC to Columbus, Ohio and then drove from there to Cincinnati with friends. Unfortunately there was a horrible accident on I-70 so it took us about five hours to get there. (It should have taken less than two). At some point it dawned on me--- around 10 PM--that I should call the hotel to ensure that I still had a room. As soon as the woman picked up the telephone she knew immediately who I was and told me that she knew I was flying in from DC and had left a message for me. She was wonderful! This has never happened to me before.
When we finally arrived, I got to meet this terrific woman who was working the night shift. After all of those hours in the car-we were tired and grouchy- she provided much needed comic relief. It was much appreciated! Before we knew it we were all laughing! The check-in was very smooth and the room was very comfortable. The rate was extremely reasonable, especially considering what you got. Breakfast is included but there is no place to sit and eat. They set up a buffet near the lobby. There is a sofa and several chairs, but there are trays so you can always take the food back to your room. There is a small workout room, which I did not use-just three pieces of equipment, and a small office with just one computer. But there was never anyone using it so I had no problems. One complaint I do have is the coffee. It was not very good. Other than that, I highly recommend this hotel. And if you are lucky enough to arrive when “the lady with the red hair who works at night” is there, it will make your stay that much more enjoyable. I promised her I would not use her name. ☺

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Barbara28970

Thank you for your comments. We certainly do appreciate your feedback and it is a pleasure to hear of your satisfaction with our front desk employee. We hope that you come back and visit us again soon. ~Shaun Pan

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I stayed at the Hawthorn for business that was very easy get to from interstate and local roads. Many surrounding places to eat breakfast or dinner. I had a full kitchen room that was very spacious and it had everything I needed for the short stay. The breakfast was a very simple hot breakfast with ceral and donuts, but there was not much room to sit and eat. They did offer trays to take food back up to the room via the very slow elevator. Howevcer, this was a very good price for the room and breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank fishhead101
hawthorncincy, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write about your experience at our hotel. I would like to let you know that we do have plans of constructing a more functional breakfast area, with a lot of additional seating. We look to begin this project within the year. I am pleased to hear your satisfaction with the full kitchen in the room. I am happy to say that all of our rooms do come equipped with full kitchens. We hope that business brings you back to the area again and that you choose our hotel for your next stay.

Reviewed April 9, 2012

My wife and I spent the night here for quick getaway in the jacuzzi suite and very much enjoyed it. Room was clean and well equipped. 42" LCD TVs were nice. Hot breakfast was good: eggs, bacon, and french toast sticks. They also had trays which allowed me to take breakfast up to our room. Business Center and wi-fi were nice touches also. Since we had the jacuzzi tub in our room, we didn't use the pool, but it looked good. We appreciated the location of this hotel, as we visited Jungle Jim's International Market, IKEA, and Papadeaux restaurant, each within about a 10-15 minute drive. We will return if we ever visit the north side of Cinci again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TravelinManDan
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you for taking your time to write about your recent stay. I am thrilled to hear your stay was so enjoyable. All of our rooms are suites and include: 42" Plasma TV and DVD player with over 50 High-Definition channels, Pillowtop Mattresses, WiFi, and spacious full size kitchens. We also have a free hot breakfast each morning. I am so glad you found our location so convenient; being right off I-75 it creates easy access to so many great places. I hope that you will come and stay with us again soon and try out some of our other great amenities.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

We found this hotel by using the coupon books you pick up at the rest areas. Once we pulled in we realized we had stayed here before and we had liked it in the past, too. Even the size of the studio is more than adequate and it's so nice to have a little kitchen with real cups and glasses, not styrofoam ones. The desk staff were very courteous and friendly. Breakfast is very good, too.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Flute_Fanatic
hawthorncincy, Guest Relations Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Cincinnati, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to share about your experience. I am glad you enjoyed the complementary breakfast. If you are ever in the area we would love to have you stay at our property again!