“Consistent and pleasant”

Parker's Blue Ash Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Parker's Blue Ash Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #84 of 2,050 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Reed Hartman
Description: A top restaurant in suburban Cincinnati, Ohio, Parkers Blue Ash Tavern is a full service, upscale, traditional steak and seafood restaurant and bar serving lunch, dinner, brunch and private functions. It's a favorite place to eat for the whole family. The restaurant offers full flavored prime rib, plus delectable steak and fresh seafood. Diners enjoy attentive service in a relaxed atmosphere reminiscent of an old tavern. Parkers Blue Ash Tavern is housed in a free-standing building, similar in style to those of the Kentucky Thoroughbred Horse Farms, complete with deep brown timbers, four inviting fireplaces, and race horse memorabilia. This fun restaurant is located in the northern Cincinnati suburb of Blue Ash. Its five separate dining rooms with 215 seats and a 65-seat bar lounge offer something for everyone.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Parker's Blue Ash Tavern is a regular mainstay. and the quality of the food and the service is consistent. I have been here for lunch and dinner many times. Last night we had a very nice braised lamb shank and a pasta dish with sausage. Both were well prepared and nicely presented. We were seated on the patio outside which was a real pleasure on a cool Spring evening. The bartenders fix you a nice drink, and the desserts are also good. The cheesecake was better than the sorbet. The live music could have been better. We have never stopped in for the "jazz brunch" on Sundays, but jazz aficionados I know have recommended it.

Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We went for our first time to the Mother's Day brunch. It was a horrible experience. It was packed with people and we had to walk a maze through too packed tables and staff to get out of our dining room to weave through tons of people waiting to be seated to get to the room where the food was. When we got to the food, it was extremely unappetizing. It had all been picked over for hours, obviously, and there were droppings all over the tables. Clearly the staff, who looked tired, had no interest in keeping the buffet tables tidy. It was gross and combined with the hordes of people, it was stomach churning. The dessert table was right out in the hallway with all the waiting people and so gross to see people pick up the cookies with their hands. I was behind a woman with very long hair as I tried to get back to my table with my plate and considering how tight the quarters were, I was grossed out by having to avoid her hair and my plate having contact. The food was average at best and certainly could never have made up for the atmosphere. The staff was either bored or tired. It was a disgusting experience that all but ruined Mother's Day. Never, ever again!

Reviewed May 11, 2014

We had gone to Parker's for Mothers Day Brunch a couple years ago so decided to try it again this year.

Not good!!!

Here's what needs improvement:

- Water leaking out of the ceiling in the hallway back to the dining rooms. This hallway borders the kitchen area. I always get a little nervous with water coming off a dirty roof, through dirty AC vents, etc so close to where the food is being prepared.

- Chicken parmesan was one of the toughest pieces of chicken I've ever tried to eat.

- Roast beef was rare so would only appeal to those who like it cooked that way (personal preference thing - others may like it).

- One thing really skeeved me out. The guy at the carving station dropped his fork on the floor. So he was holding the piece of meat with his (gloved) hands, carving with the knife in the other hand, then picked up the sliced meat with the knife & (gloved) hand to put on my plate. I just don't know what that (gloved) hand was touching before.

- The serving utensils & plates that they rest on at each of the serving dishes looked very dirty. How about rotating a fresh serving set in every so often?

- Desert table was an absolute joke. The first half of this filled with stuff taken out of a frozen bag from Costco. The second half of it was filled with plates of Oreo's & Rice Krispy Treats. Everyone in our group distinctly remembers the desert table being 100% better last time.

- Hostesses were supposedly giving away a free carnation to moms on the way out. At least we heard them doing that to others. We weren't offered one. My 10 year old remembered when we hit the door and ran back to get one. It seemed like there were 4 - 6 hostesses standing there at any time so it shouldn't have been hard to hit everyone. Or, perhaps, have the server bring it with the bill for a nicer touch.

All in all, not a great experience especially for the price (I think it was $32 per person). When we got home, I told my wife I was sorry & would find something better next year.

Reviewed May 9, 2014

I went to this restaurants for a company dinner with about 30 other people. If I were traveling alone on business or with my wife, I would go back in a heart beat.

The dinner choices were Filet, Salmon or Chicken. From what I saw, they were all served to perfection. I had ordered the Filet. It was about 3" in diameter, but 1-1/2 " thick. Perfectly grilled medium rare and served to perfection. The side dish was very good, along with the house salad with Blue Cheese dressing, and I don't even eat Blue Cheese. But this was delicious to say the least.
Dessert was a type of Creme Brulee Cheese Cake with a flamed toasted sugar topping.
Atmosphere, food and drinks were great.

I can't wait until I am back in that area for business.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

Lots of ambience here! Cottage-style on the exterior but lots of wood inside. Seated in the bar area for lunch but there is a dining area inside and a patio area (not covered). They have a full bar and extensive menu, often with daily specials. The pan-seared tilapia with mashed potates and sauteed spinach was probably the favorite dish. It's very lightly breaded and nice big portions or everything. The Wedge Salad with bleu-cheese dressing and bacon crumbles was outstanding. The Linguine Puttenesca was very good but different than other I've had. Usually the sauce served on top the linguine but this was all mixed in. Alittle light on the capers for my taste and the portion size was not huge..no more than 2 cups, at the most. Not enough to take home for leftovers but good size for my waist! It was not served with bread but a basket of bread and butter brought upon request. It was warm and crusty. I would think this should be standard at each table!
Coffee was delicious. Lemon Merangue Pie was different than anticipated. It's in a tart with the crust made of vanilla wafers, I believe. The merangue was more like Marshmallow Creme that was torched. It was very grainy and gooey. Once I got down to the filling, it was very tart and good. I would skip the merangue next time. A plus is you can get several of the desserts in a "smaller portion" which is enough reason to order something!