“Cheap--great view of the entire city and the Ohio River”
Review of Carew Tower

and up
The Nati in a Nutshell Cincinnati Food Tour Including Carew Tower Entrance Fee
Ranked #9 of 189 things to do in Cincinnati
Reviewed September 12, 2010

An elevator takes you all the way to the 48th floor and you have to walk up one flight, then pay $2 to get to the observation deck. Plenty of space to walk all the way around the entire building to see the view in every direction. You can see the sports stadiums, the Ohio River and all of the downtown buildings. You can see whatever is going on in Fountain Square directly below. It's fun to watch the barges get pushed up and down the river. You can see all of the bridges (the "Big Mac", the "purple people" and all the rest). This is a great way to spend $2. There are no signs--you have to know about this attraction and how to get there. It is catty-corner from Fountain Square and you have to go through a little entrance to see the building name. We had to ask a maintenance worker on the square in order to find it. Well worth the effort!

3  Thank owassotraveler

Reviewed July 21, 2010

To get to the top you go up two elevators and then a stairway. Which is kinda fun actually. The observation area is open air and you really get a great feel for the area. Considering the price of many observation decks, the two bucks price for this one is definitely worth it.

2  Thank ClutchIsEverything
Reviewed June 10, 2010

it's an adventure to find it. elevator then a 2nd elevator that is very tiny then a spiraling staircase to the top. Well worth it! You, the view and the open sky above. Beautiful :-)

2  Thank loriannleahy
Reviewed May 4, 2010

I enjoy going to observation decks if they're available in a good-sized city. I was a bit concerned on the day we went because the forecast was calling for rain, but at the time we went up to the 49th floor of the Carew Tower, it was sunny & clear. It's still just $2 to access the roof, but the overall views are priceless. We were later going to walk to the Great American Ballpark to see a Reds game, so it was nice to see where we were going, and how close the venue was located. So when in downtown Cincinnati, be sure to include a few minutes to check out this hidden gem!

1  Thank smd7145
Reviewed September 21, 2008

I was born and raised in Cinci and I know I did this when I was younger, but I didn't appreciate it at the time. I no longer live there but on a recent visit, we went to the top of Carew Tower again. I absolutely loved it this time! Great views of Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky. It's only $2 for access to the observation deck (you pay once you get up there)... definitely worth it. I took a ridiculous amount of photos, and it made me want to be a tourist in my hometown.

3  Thank atljs

Been to Carew Tower? Share your experiences!