“Best Around”

Buona Terra
Ranked #16 of 50 Dessert in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Buona Terra is a locally owned, European inspired Gelateria, Creperie, and Macaron bakery located in the Mount Lookout Square. Buona Terra, Italian for Good Earth, represents everything that our team is passionate about - from locally sourced farm fresh produce, to the locally reclaimed beech wood used throughout the design of our shop. We firmly believe that using local products and supporting local businesses is the key to providing the highest quality desserts for our community. Daily, we handcraft everything from scratch in our store with the freshest ingredients, using no preservatives and no hormones. Additionally, as one of Ohio's only gelateria's who handcrafts gelato using the traditional Italian techniques and processes, we proudly guarantee that our gelato is the best you'll ever have..
Reviewed January 16, 2014

They offer gelato, crepes, and a few baked treats. Their gelato is smooth and full of flavor, just like the real deal in Italy. My favorite part is the endless samples for indecisive people like me!!! They have over 20 flavors and they all look awesome! I get a mixture of coffee, hazelnut, and coconut! This really is the best dessert place around, I have also heard that its really not that bad for you either, so that's just a bonus!

1  Thank Cory E
There are newer reviews for Buona Terra

Reviewed December 17, 2013

You can't beat the warmth of a fresh crepe on a winter day! The Italian crepe is a regular favorite of mine with procuitto and mozzarella. I really enjoyed the Thanksgiving crepe with turkey, corn salsa... the pumpkin crepe was awesome with it's cream cheese accents... I almost forgot the French Summer lemon curd with lavendar Sugar.... awesome!

Then I'm hooked on the gingerbread gelatto! Forget about the individual sizes and go with the pint. It's so much healthier for you than fatty ice cream, you can afford the caloric expenditure.

Buona Terra is a flavorful experience that keeps your waistline in check. The staff is friendly and offers endless tastings so that your selection is a well educated choice.

The baked goods are fantastic. I absolutely love their blueberry coffee cake!!! It's divine!

These guys get big bonus points too because they have both a trash bin and a recycling bin. Whoa! Hello America, we can do this!!

2  Thank Kristin G
BUONA TERR A, Manager at Buona Terra, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Thanks so much for your review Kristin! We appreciate your help with recycling as well! It's such an easy thing to do, with such great impact on our world. Thanks for your kind words about our desserts as well! Hope to see you soon! -Buona Terra

Reviewed December 16, 2013

Awesome place in Cincinnati for gelato and crepe. The gelato is so flavorful and smooth. The crepe is just like the ones from cafés in Paris. Talked to the chef who works there, I love the fact this place does everything from scratch and right there in their kitchen unlike the chain stores. They also have small batches of bake goods that are made with just as much love as their gelato and crepe.

1  Thank Wonder4food

Thanks for your review! We have been working harder in the kitchen than ever lately creating new made from scratch treats. Come by to try a French Macaron, one of the new items we've been focusing on! -Buona Terra

Reviewed December 9, 2013

This gelato shop is everything I want in a dessert destination! For starters it is just adorable, and very clean. Secondly,samples samples samples! The people working there will let you try anything you would like, they even recommend sampling if you are unsure. Each time I go there I probably sample 5 different flavors and they just keep em coming! The really great thing is you can get more than one flavor in a cup so that make deciding just a little bit easier. The cups at first seem small but they really pack it in there and the gelato is so rich that even the small cup is a good amount. I would highly recommend this place for dates because its really cute and its always good to try out new places. Cincinnati has some solid ice cream places that have been around for ages but Buona Terra is going to be the new gen ice cream hot spot for sure!

1  Thank ladyElkins
Reviewed November 28, 2013

This place is fantastic!!! I don't even think about going to any other gelato shop. There are so many amazing flavors are they are not stingy with the samples. The White Chocolate Lavender Gelato is a must! Lastly- the staff here is super nice and personable . The only reason I mention it is that there are many ice cream or yogurt shops and most of the time the staff is poorly trained or just not friendly. At Buona Terra they always smile and treat you like a person!!

1  Thank SUSANofCINCY