“My favorite casual restaurant in Anderson Twp”
Review of Smokey Bones - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Smokey Bones
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great service and will alter the entrees to accommodate my dietary needs. Also love the mini desserts! Just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth without packing on lots of calories. :-)

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We live near Smokey Bones on Beechmont, and have eaten there and ordered takeout many times over the last 5-6 years. Nice atmosphere, but he quality of the food has been going downhill the last couple of years as I assume they try to go cheap on both product and ingredients. They used to have really good wings but the batches we got last night and last month were to the point that even my teenage son walked away from it. Everything tasted old and cheap, like it had been reheated a number of times. The barbecue beans used to be fantastic, now they are pasty and are as if they came from an outdated can. Had a couple of mixed drinks($7) at the bar while waiting on the takeout and they were very watered down and the mixer used was very stale. And, all the food had WAY too much salt on it, like they are trying to stretch it out even further. Too bad, I doubt the place stays in business much longer if they are going to serve food that doesn't even qualify for Applebee's. What a shame...

Reviewed August 31, 2011

I like barbecue places, visit a lot of them. Really want to thumbs up this place, just can't. Everything was just over the top. Had a combo plate of beef brisket and pulled pork. Beef was 40% fat, rest really tasteless, should have sent it back. Pork was ok, but 4 sauces offered were all over the top: too sweet, too hot, etc. Cole slaw was creamy, sweet. Baked beans were way too sugary. Fire-grilled corn was tasteless.
Really nice facility, parking easy, many handicap spaces. Solid decor, large space, but music way too loud for a 4:00 pm meal. Managers visited, but how do you tell someone "Please change most everything"? They seem to be doing well, observed repeat guests greeted. Two new servers being trained.
May be your taste, but not mine. Try elsewhere.

1  Thank RetireeTraveler33715
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Went to SB one evening around 7:30. Fair sized crowd and whether someone quit or what, there only appeared to be 3 servers and 1 of those was doing double duty as the host. We ordered drinks and a relatively simple dinner--burgers & fries. Well, gee, you'd have thought they had to go slaughter the cow! It took over an hour for our burgers to appear. And we were not the only ones who were "lingering" over dinner. In all fairness, the burgers were good, but I would never go here again if I had somewhere else I had to be after dining.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed January 2, 2008

Great place to go with family & friends. We love the potato slabs!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook