“The best food ever.”

Rusty's Ristorante
Cuisines: American, Italian
“The best food ever.”
Reviewed July 19, 2014 via mobile

This is an older restaurant but the food is absolutely over the top. Everything they serve is absolutely delicious. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants a great meal.

• Visited July 2014

“Going Downhill?”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

We've been here several times over the years and we keep coming back because the prices are right and the food is good. It's a homey place with older waitresses with names like Edna and they serve old time Italian food. Unfortunately my last visit had me wondering if Rusty's is going downhill. It was 7 PM on a Friday night and the place was virtually empty. Our salads were an uninspiring mix of head lettuce - some of which was Rusty (no pun intended) - and shredded carrots with some croutons and a single grape tomato. Our entrees were somewhat better. My veal scallopini tasted very good but the amount of veal in the dish was disappointing - I ate it all and was still hungry. On the other hand, the spaghetti and meatballs was a big portion dish. I can't say for sure but the meatballs looked (and tasted) frozen, not homemade. The bread consisted of 2 slices of limp Italian white bread - nothing to get excited about. A glass of wine can be had for $5, which is pretty good these days. I give it three stars but my spouse says two, at best. The rusty lettuce really turned her off from the git-go. I suggest you give it a try but don't expect too much and don't go too far out of your way.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Bob S
“Great Family Restaurant”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I love going to Rusty's for family dinners. All three generations of our family feel comfortable here. It's not too modern and loud like some other local restaurants. It has a local, small business, family-owned for years feel to it - because that's exactly what it is. If you want fancy furniture and high prices, then there are other places in town. If you want a warm, friendly, delicious dinner experience, then this is your place. The ribs are excellent, the burgers are juicy, the eggplant parmesan is one of my favorites. The soups and red-italian dressing are outstanding! I have been many times, and I'm sure I'll be back!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Elizabeth V
Cincinnati
“Buy the Salad Dressing”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Two items were particularly good. The salad dressing is so good that they sell it in bottles. Definitely try it. The other is the sauerkraut balls. They were fresh and well-textured. You can taste and see the sauerkraut and the sausage in them. I was surprised how good they were. It was kid-friendly and had a live singer that was different. The rest of the meal was a good buy. We will go again.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Wendell H
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Very outdated, Processed/frozen food”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

I was given a 80$ gift certificate for my birthday. I will start by saying that I have likely seen too many episodes of "restaurant impossible" on Food network! This place has décor from the 70's at best. I imagined Robert Irvine coming in to remove the fake plants- that hold a lot of dust, yelling about dingy carpet, dirty ceiling tiles. Plastic green table cloths. ugly chairs, flowered wallpaper.
About the food- I ordered Salmon with salad and a potato, we were told they no longer make the potato cakes, because it was homemade and not many people ordered it. My potato was twice baked, but when it arrived it was clearly a frozen product! My salmon was chewy-overcooked.
My husband ordered the fettuccini alfredo, I'm quite sure the sauce was from a jar.
We ordered desert, and I'm sure my pie was not homemade, and I'm certain the lemon meringue was from a frozen box.
For these prices, I would expect fresh, not frozen.

The service was excellent! No complaints there. The funny thing is this- the only people under 70 was us! There is even a elevated toilet seat in the bathroom! (it was clean)

There were dead bugs in the window at my booth, and dust on the blinds.

I would recommend a visit from the Restaurant Impossible crew! I'm sure it was a great place at one time.

• Visited September 2013