“Fun Appetizer”
Review of Embers

Embers
Reserve with OpenTable
Embers is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 1,969 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Lakeside Park, Kentucky
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun Appetizer”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Had a good meal here last weekend my favorite part was the appetizer called a Gnudie...smoked grape tomatoes with fresh cheese and heirloom tomato water. I could have eaten a larger portion for my dinner. Dinner was good but usual steak house stuff. Don't skip desert, especially the caramel ice cream. Next time I think I'll skip the entre and double up on the beginning and end.

Visited May 2014

Powell, Ohio
“Upscale but not pretentious”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I was looking for someplace to celebrate my son's college graduation for a group of 9. I found it at Embers. I made it known ahead of time that this was a special occasion, and they treated it and us with the aplomb it deserved without being asked. The food is great, but they should recommend eating dessert first and working your way backwards, The oreo filled donuts and banana panini are unique and outrageously good (add the homemade Bailey's cookies & cream ice cream to anything!). Our server, Alex, was outstanding, and took our fun in stride while providing top-notch service. The menu is varied, and everyone (including our pickiest) found something to enjoy. I can recommend Embers without qualification.

• Visited May 2014
Purcellville, Virginia, United States
“Gundi are excellent !”
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

Went for a small dinner with a friend. Ate in the bar and had a fab waiter. Had the Mozzarella and ricotta Gnudi which are like ravioli with no pasta coating . So delicious! There were pearls made of balsamic vinegar and basil and this delicate consume of tomatoes . Unusual and so good! Strawberry shortcake topped off a great small meal ! Love love love this place

Visited May 2014
Evergreen, Colorado
“An unexpected treat”
Reviewed May 14, 2014 via mobile

Wanted sushi before a movie. The sushi was unexpectedly amazingly good and very creative. We had a tempera Seabass roll. Also yellowtail and salmon sashimi. They were so fresh and tender.

We shared our salad which they split it was so good.

We requested bread served two different kinds a white with a nice crust and a week with a nice crust as well.

Tuesday is half-price wine night. They have a wonderful drink selection to go with almost anything you will choose for an entrée. Wednesday is half-price sushi night I found out.

I am not a dessert person but may have had the best dessert of my life my daughter agreed. We shared a scoop of homemade caramel pretzel ice cream. Chunks of pretzels stirred into the ice cream Served with a thin Ember's cookie shaped in the form of a cursive E. I make my own ice cream but this was truly the best I've ever had in my whole entire life.

Our food server Hannah was pleasant delightful and professional.

There is valet for only three dollars but we didn't need it there was plenty of parking.

I hope before my daughter leave Cincinnati we will have a chance to return again.

What an unexpectedly good evening I'm nice treat before a movie.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing special”
Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

Atmosphere is nice but the food was not. We had a large group in private room, the majority of our group didn't like their meal.. sushi seamed to be the worst. I ordered sushi and you could tell it was made somewhere else and not fresh, had no flavor. Rainbow roll and Hawaiian roll were terrible. 3 people in our group ordered ribs and they were ok, over cooked and not much meat. People who ordered steaks seamed to like them. Way over priced for quality of food.

1 Thank brent m