“Neighborhood comfort for good but not exceptional food”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Clough Crossing

Clough Crossing
Ranked #270 of 1,953 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Federal Way, Washington
“Neighborhood comfort for good but not exceptional food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We live within walking distance but only eat there perhaps twice a year. Bill for 2 with a drink and tip is usually about $50-$60 for dinner. We have had most of the entrees and they are well presented and tasty. On our most recent visit, my wife's Almond Crusted salmon was excellent but my beef stroganoff seemed ordinary. The beef was tender and abundant but the overall flavor was somewhat bland. House salad is good and more ingredients than most. Desert was excellent. They used to serve fresh baked rolls but last night, we got, what seemed to be Pillsberry roll ups. Atmosphere is cosy in the old school house. Patrons tend toward an older crowd but not all seniors. Food is comparable to Applebee's or TGI Fridays without the hoopla in a more refined setting.

• Visited September 2012

“Great food and atmosphere!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

I always thought this place was too fancy for family's, until my wife and I sat in the less formal seating near the bar. We enjoyed great food, great atmosphere, and they even have an outdoor patio. The food was very good, and the service was excellent.

2 Thank ccarper
Cincinnati
“An Outstanding Family Owned Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I had dinner at Clough Crossing with a party of 12 on a Saturday night and I am pleased to say they handled our orders and the separate bills for each couple efficiently and effectively. My wife and I shared a bottle of wine a salad , the Bacon Encrusted Scallops (lite bites), and the Grilled Pork Chops, and apple pie for dessert and had more than we could eat. The delicious scallops were served with a wonderful fried risotto and the pork chop was perfectly cooked. The apple pie was out of this world! It comes on a dinner plate with a large scope of ice cream and could have been a meal itself. While the salad was nothing special (mostly ice berg lettuce) and the delivery of salads and meals was less than professional (auctioning off orders) that did not take away from a very positive experience. We would highly recommend this family owned and operated restaurant.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank CincinnatiVictor
Cincinnati
“Nice, very quaint place. Some cons to go with the pros though..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

Clough Crossing is in an old schoolhouse from the turn of the century. It is clean and well maintained, an older crowd(not seniors) seem to favor it. They have a nice outdoor area, drinks not bad and not too pricey. The owner usually greets and seats people when they come in, and we have gone there a number of times for atmosphere as much as anything. But you never know if this guy is going to be friendly or rude, it is one or the other. While the food quality is quite good, unless you go there by 6 --even as late as 7:30, most of the menu entrees they are "out of" Too bad, while we like Clough Crossing, going there can be frustrating at times.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank ms2112
cincinnati
“Awful service, ruined the experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2011

The service was so poor, and the server so rude it ruined any good feelings I had. My food was good, but it was an ordeal to get service.

• Visited April 2011