“Family owned Italian- a delight!”
Review of Bella Luna Restaurant - CLOSED

Bella Luna Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Beechmont
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Authentic, family recipes, ingredients fresh and flavorful, wonderful variety of offerings, and a wine list that is extensive...all this equals a new favorite family Italian restaurant in Cincinnati!
Wines are just $10 over their costs...where have you had that offer before? Our different entrees- all outstanding- scallops, prime rib cannelloni, lobster crab pasta , with the osso buco succulent - falling off the bone, and top notch service to match. All service personnel so very friendly and accomodating. The owners walking around and asking if all expectations met. Costs so reasonable, with generous servings, that we now have an expectation that will only be fulfilled by returning to Bella Luna again. Grateful to the Stephens family for keeping the food and service standards so high, and for maintaining the warm, famlily(menu has their family pictures to welcome your family) charm that welcomes the diner. Would suggest reservations.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

While visiting my daughter in cincinatti, we visited Bella Luna. The food was outstanding and the service even better. My wife, daughter & I all got separate dishes so we could try them all. What can I say, they were all outstanding. After dinner my daughter insisted we order the bread pudding. I told her that I didn't like bread pudding and had never liked it, my wife was the same way. She reassured us we would like it. Well our server brought it to the table & I reluctantly tried it. All I could say was WOW!!! It was hands down the best desert I've ever had. I am now officially a bread pudding guy. This is a very nice resturaunt, with outstanding service & great food. It's also locally owned which is very important. Support small business, it's the backbone of america!

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Excellent hot bread with garlic butter cup and oil & balsamic plate. Calamari is unusual, like a sauce, spicy and flavorful, good for sopping up with bread. Excellent bottle of Louis Martini Cabernet Savignion for $25. House salads are good. Pollo Florinto for $18.99 was essentially fettuccine alfredo with two small chicken medallions on top. I would have added mushrooms and sun dried tomatos to make it more interesting. Prime Rib Canelloni was excellent according to my wife, Canelloni stuffed with cheese and slow cooked, shredded prime rib. Nice atmosphere for lovers, dark and intimate in a very old building. Parking lot is convenient but unpaved and unlined so people park everywhere and a lot of space goes unused so it is difficult to find a space. Enjoyable but not exceptional restaurant with very good service.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Bella Luna is a very good Italian restaurant in a fun, quirky and off the beaten path location. The menu had some interesting surprises along with Italian classics. My wife especially enjoyed the eggplant lasagna, which replaces the pasta normally found in lasagna with eggplant. This was a great creative twist on "regular" lasagna (which they also have). Our server was terrific and knowledgable about the food and wine choices.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Great service and fantastic food in a funky resturant. The live music in the bar was a cool as well.