“A great way to celebrate our 25th Anniversary!”
Review of Carlo & Johnny

Carlo & Johnny
Reserve with OpenTable
Carlo & Johnny is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 2,006 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Following the Jeff Ruby tradition of fine dining in unique settings is Carlo & Johnny. This beautiful mansion has a storied history as a casino and Mafia hangout, adorned with antiques and unique appointments. As for the menu, it's in keeping with the Jeff Ruby tradition; delicious, innovative, and out-of-this-world. And with 15 steaks, it's Ruby's most comprehensive menu ever. The old Hollywood glamour and delicious cuisine promise a meal and experience to remember.
Reviewed August 29, 2014

My wife and I recently celebrated our 25th Anniversary at this wonderful restaurant. From the moment we arrived we received friendly smiles and greetings from all employees we encountered. Genuine appreciation for our selecting their establishment. We were fortunate to have Thomas as our waiter and he made our evening very special. Great suggestions, good pacing of courses, attentive - but not overly so, and a terrific conversationalist. The GM was also on the floor, visiting our booth to ensure we were pleased with our experience. My wife got the Strip steak and I had the Munoz steak. Both excellent! Perfectly prepared and absolutely delicious! Overall, a great way to celebrate this special day for us!

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Staying in town with business associates, we ended up here 1 night for dinner, not realizing what an amazing restaurant we ventured upon! From the moment we stepped foot inside until we left,
every moment was spectacular.
Everyone in our party of 5 agreed that this had to be one of the best --if not THE BEST meals we ever had. This from a few of us who had traveled extensively.
It also happened to be my Birthday and pix were taken by the hostess and presented to me--as well as a few choice desserts to share at our table.
Please open a restaurant closer to Central PA!!! Thank you !!

Reviewed August 19, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary @ Carlo & Johnny.

We have been here before and we were back to enjoy the live entertainment and the wonderful food.

The wine list i think was 30 pages or so. We decided to go with one of the sommelier's recommendations. Great choice.

My wife and I also enjoyed some shrimp from the raw bar before we dug into our fabulous steaks.

Each steak was prepared exactly to the temperature we ordered. We expected nothing less.

Overall, a great dining experience and we would recommend it to all our friends.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

There was 10 of us (5 couples) and we had a private room. I think it was called the Whiskey Room. What an amazing experience. The servers were nice and attentive. The food was delicious. Afterwards, they had a band and we enjoyed ourselves. The manager got a table that would fit us all. He checked on us regularly. Terrific team running the place. Amazing time. Highly recommend.

Reviewed July 29, 2014

I go to C&J every time i am in town, usually twice a year. Went last night, terrific bone in Ribeye, excellent service. The one issue i have with C&J is availability of wines vs what they advertise on their wine list. As has happened in my previous visits, I ordered a bottle off the list, sommelier disappears comes back and says " we just sold the last bottle." Ok fine, i order another bottle, this time a Napa Cab 2007. He disappears again, comes back minutes later, presents the bottle. It is a 2008 not a 2007, a less desirable vintage. He does not say we do not have the 2007, but simply puts forth the 2008 hoping i don't notice or care. Same experience as my previous visits.

Ruby's boasts on its website that they are one of six Ohio restaurants to receive Wine Spectators Award of excellence for their wine selection. See WS August 2014 issue. WS rates restaurants on wine price mark up amongst other things. Ruby's is rated as "Expensive" and patrons cannot bring wine in for a corkage fee. My point for bringing this up is that if you can't bring your own wine and wine mark ups are high, they should at least have available what they advertise on their wine list.

One last point. As many of you wine drinkers know, the wine glass makes a big difference. For being an upmarket restaurant with an expensive wine list, Ruby's wine glasses are of low quality. One would think for what they charge for wine, they could afford to offer Riedel glasses.