“Great Lunch”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Sharon Road
Description: This historic yet stylish and sophisticated spot overlooking the Village Square in Glendale serves New American cuisine and continental classics. Open since 1856, this landmark has patio seating, two floors of dining, live music Tuesday through Saturday, private party rooms, and so much more!The Iron Horse serves lunch Tuesday through Friday, and dinner Tuesday through Saturday, as well as a delicious Sunday brunch. An ideal spot for romantic dinners, large groups, business meetings, groups of friends, happy hour gatherings, and family celebrations.Stop by to meet new Executive Chef Ernesto Luna and try some wines from our extensive wine and beer lists.
Southport, North Carolina
“Great Lunch”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We stopped here for lunch during the holidays. Kids and grand kids were with us. I was impressed with the eclectic mix of food items on the lunch menu. More important, I felt that many of the items were fresh and had not spent the last week in the freezer. I don't remember all the food we ate but everyone was complimentary about their meals. One small negative - my step-son ordered a draft beer and the waiter returned in a few minutes and told him that they were out of that beer. Another beer was ordered with the same result! The third try was successful. I should point out, however, that the waiter did not include the beer on the bill. I would definitely return here again for lunch. I really enjoyed this place, especially when the train went by just outside our window.

• Visited December 2013

cincinnati
“Average”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Over the years, we had some good times and meals, but with changing ownership things seem inconsistent. On our last visit we thought the food was very average and when we asked for a bit more pita for our hummus, we were told there would be a charge. We have not returned.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Don B
Baltimore
“Excellent Meal, Slow Service but was with friends so did not matter”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Got the ribeye sandwich, which was incredible, very tender and very tasty. They have a large selection of local beers, unfortunately I had a three hour drive ahead so I passed. Some of my companions ordered beers and said they were excellent. Great place to come for dinner.

• Visited June 2013
cincinnati
“Mother's Day Madhouse”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Sunday May 12, 2013 My Mother's day experecience wasn't very pleasant except with one bright moment, I had all of my children with me even the ones from out of town. We went to the restaurant expecting to have a great time with good food. (1) When we arrived it was a little chaotic we were seated upstairs and then had to go back down stairs where the food was sitting ackwardly in the floor. Every pan was just about empty and you really couldn't tell what had been in them, there were no labels or anyone to tell you what each item was. (2) After walking up & down I managed to see a server and she explained what the pans had contained, mostly quiche, cold bacon, links (not sure what kind) and home fries that looked like rice, lettuce w/dressing cold pancakes & french toast.
I thought like most restaurants they would bring out new /more hot food, this didn't happen so most of my party had made to order omlettes & pancakes. Well for myself there wasn't anything to eat being as I am allergic to eggs and don't eat them. I preceeded to eat lettuce and a piece of the cold french toast but was astounded when I had to get up to get syrup from a soup bowl with a large spoon, from the table where they were making pancakes!!! Never have I seen such, not only unsanitary with open syrup sitting where all sorts of germs and sticky little fingers had been, not appetizing or professional at all.

Our Waiter was pleasant but overly friendly, he continously interrupted and intruded in our personal conversations, a bit much! Overall I don't think the establishment was prepared to do a bruch. My family and I left there hungry and with great dissapointment and embarrassment especially for my out of town family. They wondered why we here intown chose such a diasterous place to dine. We had dined at the Ironhorse in the past and it was a good experience Never Ever again!

• Visited May 2013
Cincinnati
“Ruined my Mother's Day”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

We ate at the Iron Horse Mother's Day 2013 and did not enjoy the brunch at all. The food was cold and the syrup was not on the individual tables, instead it was being served in bowls from the buffet with a spoon. The waiter was very unprofessional as he took my husbands seat when my husband got up to get food from the buffet. He had to stand there awhile after returning to the table before the waiter realized that he should get up. I requested hot french toast to be made and our waiter returned with french toast from the bar that was heated but still not hot. I would not recommend this place at all.

• Visited May 2013