“A Favorite”

J. Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #86 of 2,123 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 71 in Rookwood Commons
Reviewed November 8, 2017

Third visit. Food is great, drinks are outstanding and service is good. Great menu.

Only problem is sound, when full and it usually is it is loud and not easy to converse. They should look a noise reduction techniques.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

My husband and I ordered two meals. One prime rib, it was like a sponge, tasted old and somewhat spoiled. We sent it back and ordered a hamburger. I also ordered crab cake and they were like mushed up tuna. They charged us $36 for the crab cake.We will not be back!! A lot has changed about this restaurant now Redlands..

Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

I picked this moderately priced steakhouse to take my son to dinner. The prices are 20% less than a traditional place but the quality was excellent. The prime rib was on point. I added some horseradish to the mashed potatoes and made them awesome. The wine list is extensive and the prices amazing for restaurant standards. My son had the filet and shrimp special and cleaned the plate. You must have the double chocolate cake for dessert. Decadent and enough for three or four people. Served with a trough of ice cream. Highly recommend this place. Service was very good as well. I'll be back.

Reviewed October 24, 2017

Our family dined at J. Alexander's last weekend. It was packed, as was to be expected, and is always a sign of really good food. I had prime rib and others had various cuts of steak. The meat was cooked to our request and everything was really flavorful. The house salad has bacon in it (what's no to like) and our server said that they make all of their own salad dressings. Yum! What I especially like about this restaurant is that you can dress any way that you want... jeans, dress, suit, whatever... all are welcome. This is very good food for a really good price!

Reviewed October 15, 2017

This is by-and-large our favorite restaurant in this price range. We have eaten at this restaurant many times, in both the Cincinnati, Ohio and in the Overland Park, Kansas locations.

The steaks are delicious and always prepared to exactly our taste. My husband swears by the prime rib as being the best he's ever had (he is a prime rib "aficionado"). The tenderloin is perfect every time.

The service is great and the staff is very attentive.

A very nice atmosphere that's suitable for special occasions, as well as business meals.

Great wine selection and of course the bar is full service.

And if you like dessert, the carrot cake is fantastic and one serving easily feeds 2-3 people.