“Great food, great service”

J. Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 1,954 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 71 in Rookwood Commons
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great food, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We have eaten at J. Alexander's many times and have always thought the food and service were very good. We ate there again on 7/10/13 and felt that everything was excellent. The service was top notch. Our server (Brad) was great as were the rest of the service staff who all help each other. We never had an empty drink or a dirty plate left on the table. My iced tea refills even came each time with two lime wedges. This may seem simple but many servers at other restaurants will refill your iced tea but never bring new lemons or limes. Our food was great. Everything was cooked to perfection and arrived hot and all at once. Even the grill cook entertained our young sons while they watched him cook. The entire experience could not have been better.

Additionally, we made the reservation through OpenTable.com and received a free appetizer for it!

• Visited July 2013

cincinnati
“service problems”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Food was great but.... We had a great app that required 4 dishes. When the main came no one had bussed the table- so we had to hold the empty app plates in the air while the server placed our entrees on the table. No one ever asked to refill my iced tea. Also I ordered a French open faced sandwich. I thought a samll salad would be nice- but all I found was a $10.oo one. So I ordered it. When my sandwich came there was a perfect portion of side salad on the plate. I asked the server if the side salad was on the menu with my entree and she said no. I told her if I had known that I wouldn't have ordered the $10. salad- to which she replied- it was only $5 with a meal.I said that wasn't the point- it was a waste of food.
I don't know if she didn't know it came with a salad- or didn't think to tell me. Either way it's a problem.

• Visited July 2013
Cincinnati
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, professional staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated our Anniversary with dinner at J.A. Ordered the NY strip, cooked to perfection. We will definitely go again

• Visited June 2013
SW Ohio
“Nice to place to share with great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am satisfied every time I visit J Alexander's. We asked for a table for 8 and when we go there and found a table that would be somewhat crowded I asked if they could better accommodate us. The staff was very understanding and promptly arranged for us to have more space. As usual, the service was top notch and the food outstanding! Everyone in the group all expressed the same and was very happy with the visit. There may be some privately owned steak houses in Cincy that can compare, but I am not sure they could excel over J's!

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Steak - Pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Me and my fiance went there and purchased the 2 lowest cost steaks. They were the best steaks I ever had. Still spent 70+ and drank water but it was worth it!

Visited April 2013