WINNER WONDERLAND

“Great food, professional staff.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of J. Alexander's Restaurant

J. Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #100 of 1,914 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 71 in Rookwood Commons
Cincinnati
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, professional staff.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Celebrated our Anniversary with dinner at J.A. Ordered the NY strip, cooked to perfection. We will definitely go again

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

SW Ohio
“Nice to place to share with great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am satisfied every time I visit J Alexander's. We asked for a table for 8 and when we go there and found a table that would be somewhat crowded I asked if they could better accommodate us. The staff was very understanding and promptly arranged for us to have more space. As usual, the service was top notch and the food outstanding! Everyone in the group all expressed the same and was very happy with the visit. There may be some privately owned steak houses in Cincy that can compare, but I am not sure they could excel over J's!

• Visited June 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great Steak - Pricey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Me and my fiance went there and purchased the 2 lowest cost steaks. They were the best steaks I ever had. Still spent 70+ and drank water but it was worth it!

Visited April 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I eat at JALEX at least twice a week for lunch. This place is consistently fantastic. The salads are huge and always well done. The pasta soup, a daily item, is off the charts. It sounds boring but it is one of the best soups I have ever eaten - seriously. Get it.

The service is amazing, particularly in the bar. Scott and Kylie in particular stand out and could work anywhere in the city. I know this place is a chain - upscale one albeit - but I've never had a bad meal here. Highly recommended.

Visited May 2013
Batesville, Indiana
“Always consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

Went to J. Alexander's this afternoon during their brunch time. We were seated quickly, and politely. Almost as soon as we were seated we were greeted by our very pleasant server who asked for our drink order.
My wife ordered the eggs benedict with lump crab, and I, as always, ordered the prime rib sandwich. I could not believe the amount of crab meat on her eggs, and she said that it was absolutely delicious.
My prime rib sandwich was fantastic! About 1/2 inch thick, perfectly cooked, and just "plain delicious". And the smashed potatoes, great.
We have always enjoyed having a meal at J. Alexander's, and I am sure that you will too if you go.

• Visited May 2013