WINNER WONDERLAND

“Not a good place for vegetarians” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of J. Alexander's Restaurant

J. Alexander's Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
J. Alexander's Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #123 of 1,914 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hwy. 71 in Rookwood Commons
NY
“Not a good place for vegetarians”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Seems like a nice place, and they do a great business - so must have something going for them! We had 2 special needs diners at the restaurant. One had their needs met. The other was a vegetarian and they could not offer a single dinner that included a vegetarian protein - so they brought a little tin of chopped nuts as a side. Ordered the grilled zucchini - and it was tasty! Though it was 5 thin slices - not much for $5. I'm sure it's a good place for carnivores . . .

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank besa g

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Never Disappointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

My wife and I have eaten at J. Alexander's in Rookwood Commons on several occasions, but we had not been there in over a year. We just ate there again last night with another couple and, as always, the dinner was terrific. We shared appetizers of fried calamari and fire roasted artichokes, both of which were very good. I had the double pork chop and it was delicious! The four of us shared the carrot cake for desert and, while surprised to see it served warm, it was still great! My wife had the salmon and the orzo pasta and it was as good as ever. The service was good and not rushed and our server was not at all intrusive.

All in all it was the consistent and good food we have always experienced at J. Alexander's and the low pressure service that made for an enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited January 2013
Middletown, Ohio
“Birthday Tradition”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

Every year I take my wife for her birthday dinner. She loves the steak and the salads. Salads have gotten a little smaller over the years, but are still excellent. Steaks are always tender and juicy. Menu has expanded and we now bring are kids. The atmosphere is upscale and inviting. The service has always been first rate. Bar service is excellent with a wide array of liquors available.

Visited October 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Excellent!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

We enjoyed everything about our meal. Our service was spectacular. The aiters timing was perfect, his manner and humor spot on. I had the filet and my steak was so tender I could almost cut it with my fork. My wife had the salmon was very impressed. Salads were great and the sides were done to our liking. Everything was very flavorful and the drinks were made well too. Its a tad pricey but I walked away feeling like I go my money's worth.

• Visited November 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great atomosphere and great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

J Alexander is considered an upper class restaurant.
Type of Food: American, Seafood, and Steaks
Meals Served: Dinner and Lunch / Price Range: $$$ ($14 - $25)

Ive had several dishes
Appetizer: queso and chips (Delicious)
I usually always eat the salmon or fresh fish special. My sides are mac n cheese. This isnt your typical macaroni, its made with all white cheeses and is very different...but VERY good!
I also always get spinach. YUM!

Do not leave without having the carrot cake. I had it the first time last weekend and cant believe I have been going there for years and have never had it. Probably because I'm usually stuffed...LOL! But do not leave without trying it. Its about $7.00, but 3 people can eat from it.

The service is generally very good. But one thing that bothers me is that as many times as I have been I never see anyone but Caucasian servers...Not sure why...but I dont.

The atmosphere is great!
I would say that its not the best place for children, there are other great places for children.

• Visited September 2012