“West Side Tradition”

Order Online
Ranked #149 of 2,358 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 week ago

As Nick & Tom's website indicates, they have been a west side tradition since 1988. I have eaten there numerous times over the years as it is one of the closest restaurants to my in-laws' house. They often are packed solid on weekend evenings, including my most recent visit with my wife. We took a few minutes without the kids to have a quieter dinner date while the kids played with their grandparents. Surprisingly we found a wait for a table on a random Saturday in January. But we were able to find a table in the bar by the time we ordered a drink at the bar.

My wife and I shared the Biehl Street Sprouts ($10) with crispy Brussels sprouts, bacon, pecans, and goat cheese. These were delicious and I highly recommend them! The Brussels sprouts alone would have been good but add in the smoky bacon with the sweeter pecans and goat cheese and these should not be skipped!

For dinner, I had the Mediterranean Pasta with chicken ($13.50). This combination of feta, sun-dried tomatoes, black olives, pepperoncini, basil, oregano, and garlic on vermicelli pasta is a Cincinnati Magazine Silver Spoon Award winner. Though the award seems to be from 10 years ago, the flavors are still a pretty good combination. The addition of a well-seasoned chicken breast was a good choice and I wouldn't recommend having the pasta without it.

Overall Nick & Tom's is a solid restaurant, made even better by the lack of other good choices in the immediate area. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (47)

Reviewed December 31, 2019

Very busy but that's to be expected on NYE. Got the filet mignon with asparagus- fantastic. Usually get the salmon orfish tacos which are both fabulous. Love this local place.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 14, 2019

Have a nice selection for lunch and a special for the day. Reasonable prices and nice atmosphere, lunch or dinner.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed October 23, 2019

Try the Spinach Salad it is the best. A great home town feel. I have never had anything on the menu,which is several, I did not like.

Date of visit: October 2019
Reviewed August 22, 2019

they have great appitizers. I recommend the stuffed mushroom, Excellent! Try to get there a little early, it gets crowded and parking may be an issue .

Date of visit: June 2019