“More Taiwanese than Japanese”

Tokyo Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #1,285 of 2,005 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 30, 2014

The restaurant maybe called Osaka Japanese, it's more a Taiwanese place than Japanese. There is Chinese menu as well as sushi menu in English. I had sushi, not the best but it wasn't bad at all, but for the price they are charging, they need improve on presentation bit more. My wife ordered from Chinese menu, it didn't taste bad or anything but neither of us are big into Taiwanese style food, so I can't say I enjoyed. I'm not a fan when spicy and sweet mix together in that way with see food...but I'm sure someone would enjoy it. I would rate this place average, but I would go back if I'm in the mood for this kind of food again. They do need update the decor a bit for sure.

1  Thank rztravel

Reviewed April 6, 2014

Osaka is now called Tokyo Japan Restaurant it is a wonderful place and the food is great, but the service was excellent/amazing. We especially wanted to thank Mr. Ya Ju, Ms Tina, and Ms. Emma. The service was so fast and so friendly. It is highly recommended, and if we lived in Ohio we would be there every day!

Reviewed August 9, 2013

First, the name of this restaurant has been changed for ten years according to the owner. Our guess is he would prefer not to have people rate it on facebook.

We sat at the grill. It was dirty with pieces of rice and food from the previous patrons, gosh knows how long before. The entire restaurant had a filthy look to it, and was very outdated.

We had the 1/2 price sushi on Thursday night. The sushi was actually okay. The grilled hibachi food was awful - cheap shrimp, overcooked vegetables...we could barely finish it. The iced tea was instant tasting. Service was very average, to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Pass on this one - go to the Italian restaurant next door.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Our daughter was craving sushi, and they did not disappoint.

The sushi was good...but the shrimp fried rice?

Divine! Seriously, the three of us had never had sch yummy fried rice, huge fresh shrimp...we got this as a "go with," but we highly recommend it.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

The restaurant was near our hotel so we hopped over for dinner. The servers were very friendly. Unfortunately, the sushi was lacking flavor. The next night, we found loads of better choices for dinner, just a couple minutes away by car. If you're staying in the area, pass this restaurant by and at one of the restaurants near the mall down the road.