“Minimal Pizza For A Premium Price”

Pomodori's Pizzeria
Ranked #510 of 2,062 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I remember the evenings in Clifton when I would stop in for a great meal be it pasta or pizza. But boy how things have changed at least in the Montgomery location. I was charged more than their online advertised price which they would not adjust even when I brought them a copy of their website menu. My one topping pizza came to $16.49. While somewhat tasty, I will have to say that there wasn't much to sink your teeth into. The dough was thin and little hard to chew, the topping you'd call minimalistic style if it was art. As for real substance, it was sorely lacking. To top it all off, it wasn't even cut into servings!! So since I was at work; my partner and I had to struggle with a plastic carry out knife. When I say tasty I mean unique in the Pomodori way but for substance and price, I'd go for Papa John's specialty 5 topping pizzas for $9.99 Mon-Weds from now on. Tonight I was looking for something different and found it disappointing here at Pomodori's.

1  Thank Ricky O

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This place has so much potential, it's frustrating. First off, the pizza is great. We love wood-fired pizza and Pomodori's is very good. We've been there four or five times and each time the pizza is fantastic. Fresh ingredients, the crust is perfectly baked with a nice crispy texture with just the right amount of burn from the oven. What could be a great place is held back by what seems to simply a lack of attention to detail by the ownership. Each time we've gone there, they have not had Tiramisu which is listed on the dessert menu. We asked the server tonight about it and she said they should just take it off the menu, as they had it in April and May and part of June but not since then and apparently little chance of coming back anytime soon. Another negative is the grime on the air conditioning units above the tables. I've watched enough Bar Rescue to know that those dirty vents are blowing dust and filth over the customers food and drinks. Another negative was the fact that they have about 8 beers on tap, but 4 of them had cups on them indicating those taps were empty and when I ordered the IPA they had our server Carly brought back a half-full glass, saying that was all they had, and gave it to me for free. Plus there's the music. Every time we've gone there, they've been playing classic rock tunes. I don't want to dig into a delicious pizza to the strains of Take It To The Limit, or Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap or White Wedding. It really takes away from the ambiance. Play some Sinatra or classical or something else. The owners had a chance to really draw from Indian Hill and Madeira but that window is closing quickly with A Tavola coming in next month. Missed opportunity. Probably our last time there with a wood-fired pizza place coming into our hometown of Madeira.

1  Thank travelbang
Reviewed May 3, 2013

This was my first visit. We were so Amazed to find such an incredible choice of items on the menu. We wanted to try Everything. The Pizza is out of this world! We had the artichoke pizza and it was so good and the crust was light,fluffy, yet crunchy. We also had the Pesto pasta and the Gorgonzola pasta. The Cesar salad was made fresh and the dressing from scratch, one of the best I've eaten. The croutons and bread are both so delicious. We were told the Apple Pizza is a Must Have, and we look forward to coming back and trying it on our next visit. I love to cook and I'm very picky. I think this place is a Hidden Secret, and we hadn't heard about it before, I can't wait to come back with my husband.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This place is definitely a go to for the Sicilian pizza and wood fired apple pizza's. Food is always good here although it can be a bit loud when dining in.

1  Thank thebladeszoocincy
Reviewed November 15, 2012

Pomi's is best known for their wood fired pizza and you really shouldn't bother with anything else on the menu. If you go for only one thing have their apple pizza--it is a dessert pizza with ricotta, apricot jam, granny smith apples and strudel topping. It is the most amazing thing and will keep me going back time and time again.