“Nothing Special” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Teller's of Hyde Park

Teller's of Hyde Park
Reserve with OpenTable
Teller's of Hyde Park is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #345 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Neighborhood: Hyde Park
Erlanger, Kentucky
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013

My husband and I went to Tellers on a Friday night for dinner. Service was just ok, nothing special. When we asked the server for recommendations she told us the items there were NOT good ("the Braised Short Rib Sliders are stringy" and that the pork tenderloin that was on special was "not as good as the Pork Chops already on the menu"). While I appreciated her honesty, I think it would have been more effective for her to focus on what is good on the menu.

Our food was just ok. We ordered several small dishes to share: Pork Belly Lettuce Wraps, Buffalo Chicken Egg Rolls, House Salad and Pizza Margherita. Our favorite was the lettuce wraps, but everything else was very standard. It was as if were were at a chain restaurant.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Sungirl79

NJ, United States
“Over-Priced for Underwhelming Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I took our first and last trip to this restaurant recently. We Were not impressed with the atmosphere and the service was mediocre. We started with an appetizer of the chicken quesadilla and that was quite tasty and it was the only tasty thing we had all night (It was also unfortunate that we saw the table next to us order the exact same appetizer but it was served different than ours with way more toppings - consistency??) We each ordered a different pasta dish with very average sized portions and the flavors were the most bland I have ever had! For the price and hype, there are far better places to eat. The Cajun Pasta was just oily with no flavor and the drunken chicken had absolutely zero flavor, in addition to the chicken meatballs being so touch I needed a knife to cut into them, once I did, I got a mouthful of chicken grizzle! Absolutely will not recommend.

• Visited September 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank DLCHNJ_UnitedStates
ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Atmosphere Galore”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was my second time to Teller's, but I was unsure what to expect as it had been several years since I had been. Basically not much had changed. It still had the amazing atmosphere-that is for sure its number one quality. I was there with a group of five and overall meals were average. We had a mix of meals from NY strip steaks, Ed's chicken, and salmon sandwich. The chicken rub was extremely salty, the steaks very average and the hazelnut goat cheese salad almost tasteless. Yet the service and atmosphere was great as was the company, so it was a great night in spite of average food!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Tasty sit down restaurant in the heart of Hyde Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

For those of you who haven't been to Cincinnati Hyde Park it's a cute little town to check out. It's happening but not overly congested and it's pleasant to walk off your dinner on a nice summer day. (great shopping too) We always park a little farther away from the square for that reason so we are forced to walk it off after we eat.

Teller's is located in the heart of the Hyde Park square in a historic old savings and loan building turned restaurant in 1995. You can actually request to sit in the old vault they have turned into a private dining room. ..... Continued here: http://angieknowsthetruth.blogspot.com/2013/08/tellers-in-hyde-park-cincinnati-ohio.html

• Visited August 2013
Ithaca, New York
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

I went with a party of 4 and all of us enjoyed our meals very much. The inside of Tellers is very open with its high ceilings. It was a bit pricey, but delicious so I will go back on certain occasions.

• Visited June 2013