“More than a Runner-Up”

Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cincinnati, Ohio
“More than a Runner-Up”
Reviewed December 20, 2012

If you've read my review of Skyline Chili you may be surprised that I give Gold Star the same rating. To me, they taste totally different and I crave them at different times. All of the compliments I gave to Skyline, I give to Gold Star. The chili is a different recipe and the noodles seem different as well. Even though Cincinnati is known for Skyline first, and then Gold Star, if you ate Gold Star only in your visit to our city I would say you haven't missed the boat.

Visited November 2012

“it was okay”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

This may have been a great restaurant, we went in a group with about 30 people. So this was quiet confusing for them, we did call ahead and let them know we were a big group arriving. The waiter/bartender was very friendly, but did not have a good memory of who ordered what, again was a huge group of mainly women, may have been difficult to remember. The food, some people at our table liked there food more than others. Everyone seemed to like there frozen margaritas, and chips and salsa. My food, I did not care for so much, I got the build your own burrito. But a friend of mine got the streak fajitas and loved them. Everything seemed very clean, did not feel rushed, very relaxed atmosphere.

• Visited August 2012
“Have never had anything like it!”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

The chili was/is delicious and amazing! It had a slight cinnamon flavor to it that really surprised me. You have to really like cheese, which was good since I did!

Visited March 2012
Los Angeles, California
“Vegetarian Chili!”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My wife and I ate vegie chili twice! It is located in the Netherland mall next to the Netherland Hotel.

Visited June 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“chili with something more”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

while a competitor may think Gold Star is #2, i feel they are a tie for #1, at least. the chili has a distinctive taste and the double decker sandwiches are reminiscent of the "Hippo's" of years past.
friendly wait staff and busy cooks make for a delightful lunch or casual dinner. children are welcomed with open arms.
good food for a good price

Visited February 2012