“Romantic setting and great food”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 2,019 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Thank you for considering The Melting Pot Restaurant, Cincinnati's most unique and interactive restaurant. Celebrate any special occasion with us, fondue style. Whether it's a romantic dinner, a birthday, anniversary, holiday party, guest in from out of town or an evening of family fun. The Melting Pot Restaurant is always relaxed and easy to enjoy.
Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Great place to go for date night but expect your bill to be over $100. We go usually whenever they have a special offer on their Facebook page. Our favorite fondue is the cheese. The main course is ok, since you cook your meats yourself. The dessert is really good as well, try the turtle! Yum.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Visited The Melting Pot for the first time on a Sunday afternoon for a mother daughter lunch with a friend. Overall the service was friendly and attentive & the experience fun but I would hesitate to return for the value and overall food. I rarely balk at prices, but for what you are getting here, I just don't see the value in the food quantity or quality. Here, you are paying for the "fondue experience." We chose the 3 course menu (cheese fondue, salad and chocolate fondue dessert) & skipped the main meat, fish, or chicken course that I believe you cook yourself in hot broth brought to the table. We began with selecting one cheese for the fondue course that came with diced bread, apples & raw veggies. Fun to watch the server create the fondue with beer, garlic, cheese, etc but @ $8 a person for this course, I just don't see it. It was very good & the salads to follow too were fresh & tasty, but small & average. The desert course was the most fun - a pot of melting chocolate and brownies, cheesecake, red velvet cake, strawberries, bananas, etc. for dipping. Very good and fun to share. For a very small 3-course meal for 4 with drinking water the bill was $100, The Melting Pot is a fun experience but be prepared for the price.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

It was challenging to come up with a date for our group of 10 to get a reservation. Understandable during their 20th birthday month of Jan. & with their special. When we finally got a time and date, with the intention of paying the $20 for each person, we were disappointed that our server immediately began to "up-sell" us from the 3-course to the 4-course meals. Some caved but others stood their ground. THEN he neglected to tell us that they different styles of cooking, also entailed an additional charge ! The bar was extremely slow as was refilling the water glasses. The bills were very confusing because of the additional charges that we did not anticipate. Overall the amount of food was good & decent & we were not rushed, but please do not offer a "special" and then upon arrival, claim that it isn't !!

1  Thank CSuhre
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had never had fondue until my wife took me here. Skeptical at first, but I have to say this was the best and most unique dining experience ever. The meats are good quality and you cook them to your preference. The appetizer is awesome, desert as well. We get the swiss fondue for the appetizer, bullion for dinner, and any chocolate fondue for desert. Nothing like a piece of rye bread covered in melted swiss cheese. Except maybe a piece of filet mignon cooked in coq au vin. Or maybe a piece of chocolate brownie smothered in chocolate smores fondue...

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was my first and last trip to the Melting Pot. The restaurant ambiance and service were superb. But:
1) the server brings pots of boiling spiced water. The table has hot stovetop eyes. Everyone puts their meat in the pot on skewers. You need to use your cell phone to time your meat to ensure that it's cooked.
2) all the meat (beef, pork, shrimp, lobster, and fish) go in the same pots...hope you don't have allergies OR an aversion to a meat choice
3) expensive considering you are cooking your own food in boiled spiced water, about $40+ pp
4) bland (I mostly ate salmon)
5) not for the lactose intolerant