“Awesome food you cook at your own table”
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Thank you for considering The Melting Pot Restaurant, Cincinnati's most unique and interactive restaurant. Celebrate any special occasion with us, fondue style. Whether it's a romantic dinner, a birthday, anniversary, holiday party, guest in from out of town or an evening of family fun. The Melting Pot Restaurant is always relaxed and easy to enjoy.
West Chester, Ohio
“Awesome food you cook at your own table”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I had never had fondue until my wife took me here. Skeptical at first, but I have to say this was the best and most unique dining experience ever. The meats are good quality and you cook them to your preference. The appetizer is awesome, desert as well. We get the swiss fondue for the appetizer, bullion for dinner, and any chocolate fondue for desert. Nothing like a piece of rye bread covered in melted swiss cheese. Except maybe a piece of filet mignon cooked in coq au vin. Or maybe a piece of chocolate brownie smothered in chocolate smores fondue...

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Nice and unique experience, but the dinning style is not for all.”
Reviewed December 2, 2012

This was my first and last trip to the Melting Pot. The restaurant ambiance and service were superb. But:
1) the server brings pots of boiling spiced water. The table has hot stovetop eyes. Everyone puts their meat in the pot on skewers. You need to use your cell phone to time your meat to ensure that it's cooked.
2) all the meat (beef, pork, shrimp, lobster, and fish) go in the same pots...hope you don't have allergies OR an aversion to a meat choice
3) expensive considering you are cooking your own food in boiled spiced water, about $40+ pp
4) bland (I mostly ate salmon)
5) not for the lactose intolerant

I won't go back.

• Visited December 2012
Ohio
“One of my favorites!”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We love the Melting Pot as a special occasion restaurant or when they have a great special which they often do! We have gone alone, with another couple or with a group of friends. It is such a calm, relaxing atmosphere and the food is wonderful!

• Visited September 2012
“Perfect evening!”
Reviewed June 27, 2012 via mobile

This was my husbands and my first trip to a Melting Pot. Everyone was so kind and helpful. Our server was attentive and amenable. He even brought me a free drink! Wonderful food, atmosphere and service! Dinner takes at least two hours, so don't plan to rush through. Just set back and enjoy! We will be back!

1 Thank didboo
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Wonderful dinner experience”
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Loved our dinner. Everything was wonderful. Then to top off a great dinner with the chocolate fondue - awesome!!

• Visited June 2012