“Full Evening Entertainment” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 1,883 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Thank you for considering The Melting Pot Restaurant, Cincinnati's most unique and interactive restaurant. Celebrate any special occasion with us, fondue style. Whether it's a romantic dinner, a birthday, anniversary, holiday party, guest in from out of town or an evening of family fun. The Melting Pot Restaurant is always relaxed and easy to enjoy.
Evansville, Indiana
“Full Evening Entertainment”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

Enjoyed our first visit to The Melting Pot. We didn't really know what to expect, but very much enjoyed our food and service. We actually were on time constraints, but our sever was very helpful by advising us how to stay on schedule and we were successful. Can't wait to go back in the future and do the "full meal deal!"

Visited May 2012

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Pricey, But Worth Going at Least Once”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

Husband and I went with another couple. First of all, do not use Opentable to make a reservation for here. Call the restaurant directly. The reason being is that you are able to get 2 fondue pots at one table, but you do not get that choice to pick if you reserve online. I didn't realize there would only be one fondue pot at the table. I thought each couple would have their own pot. So if you go with another couple, make a reservation to get a table with 2 pots. So we all had to agree on the same cheese appetizer, same dipping sauce for our main entree, and same dessert.

But it was great. The setting is very romantic. The lighting was perfect. Low enough to be romantic, but bright enough to enjoy the meal. Make sure to allow enough time. It's at least a 2 hour dinner. But you get a cheese appetizer, then a salad, then your main entree, then dessert. You can buy a package that includes all four courses, or you can do a la carte.

The fruits and veggies were crisp and fresh. The meats and seafood were succulent. The server was humorous, attentive and helpful.

The Spinach Artichoke dip appetizer was wonderful. Tasty and flavorful. The salad was my favorite - The Spinach & Mushroom salad. It was to die for. I ordered the 6 oz. Sirloin and it was great.

For dessert we ordered the chocolate, caramel and pecan dip. Out of this world. They gave each couple a plate of strawberries, mini rice krispie treats, and marshmallows.

The meal was expensive. It was $100 for my husband and me, and that included the tip. But it was worth it. We said we would do this once a year. Highly recommended.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Florence, Kentucky, United States
“The Best Food Adventure I have EVER been on!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

My Best Friend and I went there because...well to put it simply...we love Food and we love adventures...so this was clear choice and we wanted to see if it lived up to the hype. I can honestly say it surpassed the hype. It was sincerely amazing! Our Server Andrew was awesome as well, ask for him...he was a ton of fun! We got "The Big Night Out" (4 course meal). I highly suggest the Spinach/Artichoke Cheese Fondue...trust me...there are no words to how deliscious this was! Every single thing we tried was just wonderful! We opted for cooking our meats in broth instead of oil. We also got a Blackberry Margarita and Apple Martini (both were perfectly made). I suggest, when it comes time for dessert...get something flambe, it's so entertaining and of course so deliscious! I cannot wait to go back! And look on Restaurant.com for special gift certificates you can purchase...they accept them. I bought a $25 GC for $4! You will spend a good 2 full hours for The Big Night Out...so enjoy yourself! It's not cheap for The Big Night Out...but totally worth every penny! Our total bill was $120 for all the food, drinks and taxes.

• Visited February 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
“One of our favorite places for date night”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I eat at The Melting Pot a couple times per year and love it. Yes, it is a little pricey, but it is a great place to go for a special occasion. If you sign up online for emails, they send special offers, events, etc. We have never had a bad experience here and the food is yummy. Yes, you cook your own food, but if you can't handle throwing raw food in a pot and letting it sit for two minutes, then you're just plain lazy. The meats are fresh and high quality. We love the Caesar salads and the chocolate "turtle" fondue for dessert. Several menu items to choose from, service is great, and I'd recommend the place to anyone. We will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars
Denver, Colorado
“Worst experience Ever. Stay away. Staff is clueless”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

What can I say. We had reservations for 8 for a very special New Years dinner. When we arrived they denied us a table even though I reserved 4 weeks ahead of time. Management said there was no record. Their loss. We were going to spend $150 per couple. Went to another restaurant and had a blast. What was most disturbing is management did nothing to make things right. I was embarrased for my wife and the 3 couples that joined us.. The hostess staff is incompetent and deceptive. Poor atmoshere. Stay away.

• Visited December 2011