WINNER WONDERLAND

“One of our favorite places for date night” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Melting Pot

The Melting Pot
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,913 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Thank you for considering The Melting Pot Restaurant, Cincinnati's most unique and interactive restaurant. Celebrate any special occasion with us, fondue style. Whether it's a romantic dinner, a birthday, anniversary, holiday party, guest in from out of town or an evening of family fun. The Melting Pot Restaurant is always relaxed and easy to enjoy.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“One of our favorite places for date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2012

My husband and I eat at The Melting Pot a couple times per year and love it. Yes, it is a little pricey, but it is a great place to go for a special occasion. If you sign up online for emails, they send special offers, events, etc. We have never had a bad experience here and the food is yummy. Yes, you cook your own food, but if you can't handle throwing raw food in a pot and letting it sit for two minutes, then you're just plain lazy. The meats are fresh and high quality. We love the Caesar salads and the chocolate "turtle" fondue for dessert. Several menu items to choose from, service is great, and I'd recommend the place to anyone. We will definitely be back.

• Visited December 2011

Denver, Colorado
“Worst experience Ever. Stay away. Staff is clueless”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2011

What can I say. We had reservations for 8 for a very special New Years dinner. When we arrived they denied us a table even though I reserved 4 weeks ahead of time. Management said there was no record. Their loss. We were going to spend $150 per couple. Went to another restaurant and had a blast. What was most disturbing is management did nothing to make things right. I was embarrased for my wife and the 3 couples that joined us.. The hostess staff is incompetent and deceptive. Poor atmoshere. Stay away.

• Visited December 2011
1 Thank businesstraveler486
cincinnati
“Good but too expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2011

Food is good, particularly the desserts. Considering you're doing all the cooking it's pretty expensive for what it is (raw meat & veggies and hot oil)

Fairfield, Ohio
“A wonderful night for a couple.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

My wife and I eat here abou every two months. It's a great change from the traditional restaurants. Canal ahead to find out what the seasonal special menu is.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good and plenty of food. Fun for couples”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2011

I love Melting Pot. I think it makes a fun date night. It takes a good hour or two to eat if you take your time and get the Big Night Out. The service is always good. Our fav cheese selection is the fiesta cheese. They make it at the table so you can decide how much jalapenos and garlic you want. Plus you get lots of sauces - we love the green godess and always get extra!

One thing I really like is they allow substitutions of meats on the Big Night Out.

I know some people who hate Melting Pot because they don't like the idea of cooking their own meats and some people think it takes too long so if either of those things bother you then this might not be your place. I've also heard people complaining that it's too expensive but IMO by the time you go to any restaurant and get an app, 2 entrees, and dessert it's going to be about the same price. Plus this is something fun and diferent. The Big Night Out which includes a cheese dish, a salad, the meat tray, and dessert is about $100 for two I believe. I think there's an option where you don't get a lobster tail and it's about $89 maybe?

Service has always been excellent as well.

• Visited March 2011