“Fast and tastey”

El Rancho
Ranked #269 of 2,013 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Went on a Wednesday night. Got there around 6 o'clock. No wait for a table. staff was extremely friendly. Ordered and food may have taken 10 min to get to the table from when order was placed.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

When a restaurant grows from a single location to many and is not a national franchise, there must be a reason. Actually there are many, starting with a large menu at reasonable prices and portions that more than satisfy.

I have eaten at this location many times and have never been disappointed. The tortilla chips and salsa are continually refilled and are decent, though the chips lacked a little flavor. For our entrees, we all chose something different and all were quite satisfied.

The staff goes out of their way to be sure that you are satisfied.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Seeing all the good reviews and staying next door, I thought I would give this a try. I was really disappointed. My tamale was dried out and over cooked with a sauce containing what I can only describe as cornstarch thickener. There were no authentic beverages and there was sour cream in the guacamole. The beans were watery and lacked flavor. The salsa was rather sweet but I liked it...nothing a little more cilantro and onion couldn't fix. Overall, our service was pretty good, but the food wasn't worth a blink.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Above average Mexican food and reasonably priced. Having started out in an old restaurant (Denny's?) several years ago, this place now has 10 locations and for good reason: good food, large portions and reasonable prices. They have the usual burritos and tacos but offer a large variety of other specialities as well. I have eaten at several locations and always had good service and excellent food. There are a lot of Mexican restaurants in town and this is one of the best.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

Service and food were average. They did allow us to bring in a homemade cake for my bday. I tried to setup reservations through email and ask a question, but the response time was too slow so I called them. I had the chicken fajitas and thought they could use a little more seasoning/spice.