“:)”
Review of Brown Dog Cafe

Brown Dog Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Brown Dog Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pfeiffer and I-71
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Sampled many things including cocktails...AMAZING!!! Split plates and sample more. Worth the drive. If you luve in this area and havent tried this gem you are missing out!!!

There are newer reviews for Brown Dog Cafe

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We've been to this restaurant a number of times, but I'm not sure I've done a review. A friend took us here for the first time and we have been back a number of times since. It is in an odd location and you wouldn't find it unless you knew where you were going. It's near Office Depot, and behind Bob Evans on Pfeiffer Road in Blue Ash. The food is always outstanding and they always have several unusual entrées on the menu. I've had the Duck, which was great. All of their seafood is excellent, and I love the salad choices which are interesting and some unusual too. The portions are a perfect size and give you just the right amount; I've never failed to finish everything. Deserts are also excellent. The wine selection is good for a restaurant this size, and we always find something new to try. Great place for going as a couple or with a couple of friends. We have never had any issues with the service, they kind of let you dictate the pace. It's a smaller restaurant, so on the weekend you really need a reservation. They are on Open Table, which makes that quite easy. We are local and we eat here frequently.

1  Thank Donald M
Reviewed September 12, 2013

One would not expect to find unusual and succulent food in a strip mall environment. But, there it is in Blue Ash. For a distinctive evening out and an exceptional dinner, give it a try.

1  Thank RogerCruser
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Don't let the location fool you. We were in town for bike ride and found it on internet. Great food! Excellent filet, lamb, drinks, and best crab cake I've ever eaten. Wonderful, knowledgable service. You should try it.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We had our first experience with Brown Dog Cafe last night . We were a bit surprised the menu as it is ultra gourmet ( By this I meant there were things like wild boar , quails eggs, rabbit,duck etc and a variety of "cuisine styles"- mediterranean, southwestern, etc) This is due to the restaurant being totally chef owned and operated by him and his family. The food was absolutely excellant in presentation and quality. I ate the scallop/mussel plate which was amazing and we shared the mediterranean appetizer. I think the only "down" part of the evening was the prices. A 4 oz glass of wine ran $9.00 and entrees were mostly in the $23- $35. range. So this for us would be a"special occasion" place. We have not tried lunch there but probably it is more moderate in price . Tip: Make a reservation.