“Foodies will love this spot!”
Review of Brown Dog Cafe

Brown Dog Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Brown Dog Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #92 of 2,001 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, International
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pfeiffer and I-71
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We chose this restaurant for it's Trip Advisor reviews, Open Table reviews, and the proximity to our hotel! Don't be fooled by it's location.....in a strip center next to a Subway! It certainly makes up for it's exterior with it's amazing food. We took our 14 year old son and 12 year old daughter who are not shy about trying new things. The wild game plate included wild boar, venison, and lamb and it was perfection. Our son loved his entire meal. The smoked scallops were also different and great. I had the snapper with a citrus salsa and it was so fresh and perfectly grilled. My husband also had wild boar as his entree and fully enjoyed his meal. I can't imagine living in Cincy and NOT having this restaurant on your rotation.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

We always enjoy going here! We've been several times and always enjoy the wine choices and the wonderful food presentations.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

This restaurant was near our close friends house in Northern Cincinnati. It is located in a strip mall behind a Bob Evan's Restaurant-almost hard to find.There seems to be room for only about thirty patrons. The menu was eclectic and offered in my opinion a huge selection given the size of the restaurant. I had a selection of three portions of wild game with accompanying vegetables
and sauce. My wife and a cauliflower, curry soup which she felt it was among the best soups she has tasted. All the food arrived with equally excellent presentation. This establishment is a rare find.

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Cool little hidden neighborhood gem, with a passion for local, real food. They offer a variety of game, an off the beaten path options. I've been here several times as it's convenient to my home. For every one time I think it's amazing, I go back another time and it really disappoints. My suggestion is to check the menu before going and be sure they have a feature you like.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Noisy ambience. Waitress practically sat down in our booth, then brought us an old bread basket with sone one else's rejects. Many words spelled wrong on the menu. Classy food. Unclassy place.