“Excellent food”

Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant has just recently opened and a group of us from our church had our monthly supper there. It has Cajun food on the menu like jambalaya, crawfish, etc. but the fried shrimp, shrimp and grits, fried catfish, etc. are the best. The cheesy corn grits are wonderful. You get a lot of food for the money. We will certainly return.

The only drawback was that it does not have the capability to handle a large group of people. Our group of 15 really had to shuffle about and some didn't get to sit with the main group. They need to have some way to be able to move tables together so groups can dine together.

We did NOT do the bar scene, but they do have hi-top tables and multiple TV;s for sporting events. Looked real nice.

I believe there was some outdoor tables available, but did not eat outside. Very limited seating there, I believe.

Reviewed August 23, 2013

My wife and I stopped by the Swampwater Grill last Sunday for dinner. Definitely recommended you try it. We had driven by it a few times on Kellogg and decided to stop in...what a pleasant surprise and what a gem! The owners have sunk quite a bit of $ in the place...looks great...bar and restaurant is terrific, atomsphere is great...one of the owners is from Louisiana and it certainly has a cajun feel. My wife had Mahi salad (large portion of fish!) and I had shrimp platter (hand breaded...excellent). We also had raw oysters...and some jambalaya...everything was terrific...a truly pleasant surprise. Definitely recommend visiting.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Great new place on the Eastside.
I has the grilled oysters and the cajun delight and it was awesome!
My husband went with the smoke foods. He had pulled pork & ribs and love it all! The place is newly remodeled and has a fun atmosphere. We had a great time and will be back

Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you live in Cincinnati or visiting one of our many attractions, stop by the Swampwater Grill. I was pleasantly surprised by the decor, knowledgeable staff, hands on management/owner, but most of all, the Cajun/Creole menu: crawfish pie, beer battered jalapeno poppers, grilled oysters on the half shell, delicious gumbo, as well as the best ribs and succulent pork chops that I have ever eaten. Add kid friendly, to the list.
This interesting restaurant is the best new place that I have found in a long time. It is independently and locally owned. I like to support these places.
The building has been newly renovated and decorated and is located on the East side of Cincinnati, in the Columbia Tusculum area. It is behind the antique mall, on Kellogg Ave. Ample free parking.
Savor the New Orleans hospitality.
Enjoy your adventure.