“Locals Love the Grilled Chicken And I wonder why?”

Silver Spring House
Ranked #43 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

This very busy basically grilled chicken restaurant north of Cincinnati has a loyal following. We find the food and service do not live up to the hype. This is a meet and greet place with nice outdoor dining, a full menu and lots of beer. Families seem to like it and hopefully the chicken will be tastier the second time around. Service was slow for no particular reason. The split pea soup with ham was delicious.
Next time.

1  Thank HazardBob
There are newer reviews for Silver Spring House

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Even on a hot day, the fans on the shaded, open windowed section of the restaurant keep u cool. Great chicken served a number of ways. Good draft beer selection. COLD BEER. Popcorn and fresh peanuts. Good reliable, favorite spot. Try the Pete's Special Burrito with Cajun chicken!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

I ate here for the first time on a Tuesday night, with a group of 24 women - we'd made reservations. Our waitress Katie did a GREAT job of getting our drinks & food!! I ordered the strawberry almond salad - it was very tasty, the chicken on it was very good, there weren't many strawberries on it but it was still yummy. The lemon-cello martini was also very good and one was enough since I was driving:) Everyone enjoyed their food and drinks - no complaints.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place always makes me feel relaxed. It's like a cruise type atmosphere. Great burgers, salads, and peanuts to throw on the floor. Service great. They bring little pitchers of whatever you're drinking so you don't have to ask for refills. I love that. Crinkle fries are a favorite too. A fun place with friends.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I frequently come to the north of Cincinnati on business and was looking for someplace new to eat. Just decided to drive down Kemper Road and happened on this place, about 5-10 minutes or so from the corporate centers on Reed Hartmann Hwy. A great find. Obviously a popular local watering hole, but more than a typical sports bar. I counted 14 TVs in the main room alone, but while busy the noise wasn't overpowering. The menu is pretty diverse, with the usual starters, salads and sandwiches, but also with an array of entrees. The half chicken was very good, and the 2 sides I selected, both veggies, we're perfect, not mushy as often happens. The service was somewhat off, but I can forgive that since I was a single, and not demanding a lot of attention. The one real negative was the paucity of desserts, only cheesecake, chocolate cake and cupcakes. Even so, I'll be back on future trips to the area.