“would never suspect that this, indeed, a franchise”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #118 of 2,006 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Am I a food snob? Perhaps. I would rather lick my vomit at 3am than dine at chains like Applebees or McDonalds. Quickly, chic cincy hot spots like Beluga and Aqua proved tired, overrated. After all, while atmospherics are important, we are there to eat. After dismissing the rumours of Montgomery's little breakfast mecca, I was tasked with uncovering a yummy breakfast north of Cincinnati. OMG! The Original Pancake House wowed us with oven baked omelets... the baby you always imagined a burrito and quiche would produce after a drunken night of lovemaking. Upgrade your side of pancakes to buckwheat and you will leave guilt free and smiling. As for the service, it was the first time in years that I left around 30-40% tip. Our waitress balanced friendly/helpful/attentive. When we needed her, she seemed to appear. She served us without trying to be our best friend and make plans later (i.e. not overbearing). The crazy thing is you would never suspect from the food quality or general experience that this is, indeed, a franchise sprung out of Portland. Kudos.

2  Thank ellipsisj

Reviewed February 16, 2009

My wife and I stopped here for pancakes in January. They were just OK. The syrup was runny and not very flavorful. The people are packed in pretty tight too. We probably won't go back. Too many other places do pancakes better.

Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed September 6, 2008

food was good but place was kinda dirty

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed May 18, 2008

Line is always too long!

Reviewed March 4, 2008

Best pancakes and french toast ever!