“Good Food Large Portions, Friendly Staff”

Original Pancake House
Ranked #108 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
London, Ohio
“Good Food Large Portions, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Took our crew to Original Pancake House for breakfast before a recent Kings Island Trip. This was our first visit. The restaurant is bright and clean and nicely decorated. We were greeted on the spot and tables were moved together to accommodate our group. The breakfast menu is extensive with lots of specialties, and portions are good sized. Choose from pancakes, waffles, eggs, crepes, and they even have Dutch Baby and Goetta ( a German American breakfast meat known in the Cincinnati area). I had the sourdough pancakes, (had trouble choosing between that and buckwheat) and I couldn't have done any better. They had great flavor and wonderful texture. As much as I Ioved them, there was no way I could finish them. One grandson had strawberry pancakes, served with a mountain of strawberries, powdered sugar and whipped cream and a tasty strawberry syrup that must be made in house.
Prices are reasonable, and our waitress was helpful in making food choices and Johnny-on-the-spot with the coffee.

I noticed many customers with reading material at their tables, and none were rushed away, and some seemed to be regulars. I think they have the prefect little breakfast spot and I envy them that. Such a step up from the chains in my hometown. We'll definitely be back when we're in the area!

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
“Yeasty batter”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Second review. Liked this visit much better. The pancakes have a nice yeasty flavor from the sourdough starter. The Dutch Baby Fruit Bowl was a treat.

• Visited May 2014
West Chester, Ohio
“Can't stop myself from ordering the strawberry crepes.”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

They have a great variety of breakfast and lunch selections. I believe that breakfast is served all day. A side order of the "loaded" potatoes is a meal by itself. Omelets, pancakes, waffles are all great. The only problem with the Original Pancake House is that now that I've had their strawberry crepes, I never order anything different. I can't ever pass up the opportunity of having their strawberry crepes.
My wife and I never even bother to look at the menu anymore. We recently met friends for brunch. Our friends took a good long time to decide from the selection available. My wife and I both knew what we were having as soon as we agreed on the restaurant, no menu required: strawberry crepes, please.

• Visited May 2014
Southern US
“Great Breakfast”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Good: very tasty, lots of choices, unusual dishes, large portions, great service, good value, TRY THE BACON
The Bad: crowded at breakfast, just ok decor, not much health food wise.

We have eaten here 5 times. This is a super little chain with a couple of locations in Cincy. The service here is really excellent. There are lots of great breakfasts and we have yet to have a bad meal. The BACON is awesome . . . Thick slices smoked with a touch of pepper.

It's worth a 20 mile drive.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank RoadLessTraveller
the west
“Lined up on a Saturday morning.”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

We had to wait a bit to get a table but all in all it was worth it. The service was very good. And the food was even better. Our favorites were the pecan waffles and the energizer pancakes with fresh strawberries. Don't forget the whipped cream topping; it's perfect.

Visited November 2013