“1st time trying Ethiopian Food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Habesha Ethiopian Restaurant
Ranked #720 of 1,952 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Sevierville, Tennessee
“1st time trying Ethiopian Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2014

On a gals night out, one of the gals suggested Habesha. I was a bit hesitant as I'd never tried it. Walking into the restaurant, it is a small square room, we were warmly greeted and immediately seated. The menu is small but laid out to specifically detail each entree. I am a vegetarian so I chose the one 5 veg plate and the one gal got one of the entrees with chicken.
Let me say, Chinese food is ok, I adore Indian food, and this was unusual but pretty good. The veggies were lentils, cabbage, carrots and their homemade chees-all with spices so unusual but rather pleasant. Their "bread" or "Ingera" (a crepe-like pancake) wasn't bad, but it was a little creepy to me as it looked and felt like "rubber skin". It didn't stop me from using it to taste all the dishes, but it did make me a little squeamish. The owner (SUPER great fellow) came out and we all had a nice time talking and asking questions, they ran a video on the wall showing Ethiopian cities and expressways (who'd have thought!) but I'm not good with geography anyway. I like a cocktail, they do not have beer or wine, but I was able to get a Maker's Mark and Coke, YAY! Some folks there were having a birthday party for a little one and they brought us each a piece of birthday cake, I REALLY thought that was sweet and so friendly! All in all it was a very cool experience and something everyone should try. The west side of Cincinnati is OVERRUN with bad Mexican, too many Asian restaurants and WAY too many sports bars. Thank God for Baba's Shawarma Grill in Cheviot and now Habesha to break up the monotony. I'd still kill for an Indian restaurant on the Westside. Go try Habesha!

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank FranknMary1

Beijing, China
“Good ethiopian, great value and fast service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014 via mobile

In a remote and industrial part of the city, habesha is in a little side strip mall and offers everything you would look for out of a hidden gem hole in the wall spot. Food is really very good with gigantic portions (comparatively speaking for ethiopian) at ~$10/dish. Food is not quite as good as Emanu, but still very good. ambiance not quite as pleasant either, but the service is fast. I'll come back for sure again.

1 Thank Jon1796