“Closest to Kansas City-You Can Get!!”
Review of SmoQ

SmoQ
Ranked #102 of 2,086 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 24, 2013

We love everything!!! Bring a lot of family or an empty stomach, you're going to be full and they give you lots of food for the money!!! We had a Groupon!!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Its easy to get tired of eating the same old food when you go out. If you looking for some good smoked meat followed by some pretty fantastic southern sides, then this is the place to try. I had the Bison meatloaf and it was very good, the fried green tomatos were fantastic and the mac and cheese was superb!! My husband had the smoked fried chicken and was really impressed with the smoke flavor. They have a nice variety of food on their menu as well. We decided we will be going back for sure. To top it off the service was great. We were attended to with a great attitude and the manager made sure to stop by and check on us as well.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

On a recent visit, my girlfriend told me we had to go to SmoQ as she had been there several times in the past. Walking in, the interior was surprisingly nice for a BBQ place and very spacious. We sat down and I ordered a beer. They don't have a huge selection of beers, but it was quality. I ordered the two item combo with brisket and smoked sausage. For the sides, I got the sweet potato and almond brulee and red beans and rice. All of it was fantastic, though not the best I've ever had. The sausage was good and not too spicy, but lacked any memorable flavor. The brisket was tasty but they finished it with some kind of a salt rub after the smoking took place and it took away from the meat. The sweet potato almond brulee was excellent and I saved it till last for a dessert. The red beans and rice was also very good with a hint of green pepper.
Overall, I liked it a lot and would definitely go back. The only reasons I didn't give it 5 stars is that I felt that I've had better BBQ elsewhere, though probably not in Cincy.
SmoQ is an upscale BBQ joint, which is fine, but go in knowing what you're getting.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

As someone who really enjoys barbeque, we were pleasantly surprised by our first visit to Smoq restaurant. The portions were very generous, and we had enough left over for 2 more meals! The barbeque was well done, and the sides that were included were very complimentary to the barbeque itself. The service was great and the new manager made us feel welcome. We will be back!

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Food was alright. The place would be great with more qualified wait staff. The environment felt too much like a cafeteria, not sure if it is by design or not.