“Cincinnati or Florida”

Pelicans Reef
Ranked #80 of 2,069 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This restaurant is a hidden Gem. It has the feel of a beach front restaurant in Florida or South Carolina. I had the crab cake which were perfect. My wife had the crab legs. The drink menu was a perfect match with the food. If you want to escape to Florida in Cincinnati head out to Pelicans Reef.

Reviewed April 27, 2018

My wife and I traveled about 70 miles to dine,the atmosphere was great our server was friendly and excellent, the food was out of this world my wife got the snow crab
,I ordered the cod basket we ordered the Cajun deep fried shrimp as an appetizer,the flavor was wonderful , we will definitely dine again there snow crab reasonably priced good meal for value thumbs up

Manager424242, Manager at Pelicans Reef, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks, Jamie. We’re so appreciative of the fact you traveled so far to dine with us. And very happy you thought it was worth the drive. Hope to see you again!

Reviewed April 19, 2018 via mobile

Loved the decor. Felt like we were somewhere in Florida for sure! But that is where the similarities end. Much of the food we tried lacked in seasoning or freshness. The lobster bisque was too heavy tasting of the cream and the gumbo was spicy hot but otherwise bland and I couldn’t eat it.
Go to Florida for the real deal.

Thanks for your feedback. We’ve been serving our valued customers for 23+ years and are grateful for their continued patronage. Hope you’ll give us a try again.

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

Fairly long drive from where we were staying in Cincinnati, but well worth it. Located in a strip mall in Anderson Township. Jimmy Buffett style decor, but a bit hard to get the feeling on a gray March day. Very friendly server. My wife had a grilled salmon salad which she rated excellent. My jumbo clam strip basket was tasty. My son and daughter-in-law were very happy with their choices. Seafood places are naturally hard to find in Cincinnati. But pelican reef does a good job. Recommend.

Thanks, Terry. So glad you had a good experience! Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2018

Pretend your at an ocean front restaurant in Florida, relax and soak it in. Men in business suits and others in shorts and jeans. They all come for the food. Fresh seafood grilled, fried and broiled perfectly and consistently. Don't let the strip center location fool you. Closed Sunday.

Thanks, Randy! So glad you enjoyed the Reef!