“One of Cincinnati's Hidden Treasures”
Review of Ron's Roost

Ron's Roost
Ranked #232 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Had heard about the place on the local radio station and they were describing the fried chicken. Well, since I am a lover of chicken, I decided that I had to try it and see if I agree. It's located in the western part of Cincinnati, about 40 minutes from the house (we'll travel for good food). Since they specialize in chicken, that was what we decided to have. Although their menu is quite adequate on other items like sandwiches, burgers, ribs, and full course meals, they seem to specialize in chicken. The patio outside would've been very nice to use, but frankly it was way too hot to even attempt. Very sports oriented atmosphere, with several tv's showing multiple events. Caters to both the family and the bar people, and is also a big locals hangout. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would rate the chicken a solid 9. It was voted the best in Cincinnati at sometime in the past. I think it would qualify. Our waitress, who had been there a long time - 22 years, she said - was very nice and cordial. They state on the menu that chicken takes about 20 minutes, but our wait was considerably shorter. I would highly recommend it, and my wife says she would definitely go back. That's a big praise, trust me.

1  Thank showstang
There are newer reviews for Ron's Roost

Reviewed July 6, 2011

The fried chicken is excellent and is consistently voted among the best in Cincinnati every year. You feel like family here and it is easy to see why people come back year after year.

Reviewed May 27, 2011

1 chicken breast, fried. 1 scoop of instant mashed potatoes with beef gravy. 1 small bowl mayonaisey cole slaw. $7.49. Instant iced tea unsweetened $2.19 (no refills offered). When I was paying my bill, I asked if it was correct, thinking it seemed rather high for the quality and amount. I was told by the cashier: "if the computer said that's the cost than that's the cost". I commented I thought it was rather high for what it was. I was told: "Well if you're comparing it with KFC of course it is". I told her I was comparing it to reasonabily fine dining in Cincinnati. Her response was "Well I've been here 29 years and I've never heard that berfore." Apparently she went through training so far in the past that she had forgotten to be courteous to customers even when they are lodging a complaint about your food or service. Perhaps that old bird should go where ever old hens go to roost. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND DUE TO LOWER QUALITY FOOD, ATMOSPHERE AND POOR ATTITUDE OF THE CASHIER.

4  Thank cameo01
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Excellent chicken, wonderful home style bread and side dishes!

Reviewed July 8, 2009

Have been going there for years. May have to wait in line, especially on Saturdays

1  Thank cjhdelhi