“first time, but not last”

Germano's Restaurant and Catering
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Cooper & Montgomery
Lexington
“first time, but not last”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

We had never eaten here before, but found Germano's on the internet and thought we'd try it. The space is very quaint, and is among many shops/stores along Montgomery Road. It has the "small town" feel inside Cincinnati, and the food is wonderful. Warm bread was brought to the table along with olive oil for dipping, then casear salad and vegetable lentil soup, which were both tasty. One diner ordered lobster with asparagus, another had Penne Duroniese , and the other two had chicken marsala. We ended our meal with the raspberry pie made in-house by the owner's wife. The owner came over to speak to us (and had his picture taken with us), and the chef asked us how our meals were. The entire evening was perfect!

• Visited October 2012

Naples, Florida
“Save your money”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

We were in Cincinnati (actually Mason) attending a professional tennis tournament and this "fabulous Italian restaurant" was recommended for the four of us. There was absolutely nothing "fabulous" or even special about it.

My wife and I both got Caesar's salad which was fair and for which they did not have any anchovies. An Italian restaurant that had run out of anchovies? My wife had Sea Bass which she said was OK. I had their special, Veal Parmesan, which was, frankly, cafeteria quality. Had I made it for myself at home, I would have been disappointed in myself. The wine list is limited and marked up substantially. A cheap bottle of red Italian table wine that you can get in the grocery store for $7 was $44.

They automatically add a 20% tip. The total for my wife and me. $163. Save your money.

• Visited August 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Germano's is my favorite restaurant in Cincinnati.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

Germano's is my favorite restaurant in Cincinnati. Domenico always welcomes us with amazing food and great hospitality. If I want something that isn't on the menu, they always accomodate me. Last time I was there, I had sole piccata stuffed with crabmeat accompanied by fettuccine alfredo. It was really delicious. Their Caesar salad was the best I have ever had. And, you must try their delicious homemade raspberry pie for dessert.

• Visited August 2012
Cincinnati
“Great food, very nice and romantic atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

It is one of my favorite places to eat. Great food, lots of delicioua flavors and the desserts are one of a kind (incredible). Always a great choice!

Columbus, Ohio
“Fantastic Meal, Great Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

This is the first time i ate at this restaurant and really enjoyed my meal and service. The food was extremely fresh and flavorful. I ordered a chilean sea bass with lump crab. I also had a small arugala salad which had a wonderful citrus vinaigrette. Our service was outstanding as well. Great food, great service.

• Visited January 2012