“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere”

deSha's American Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
deSha's American Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #142 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Located in the northern Cincinnati suburb of Montgomery, deSha's is known for savory American entrees and warm hospitality. We have an extensive offering of beer, wine, scotch, craft cocktails and specialize in top-barrel bourbons that can be enjoyed in our dining room or in the bar. It’s a great place to dine, drink and gather.
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Good Food, Nice Atmosphere”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you are looking for some good and straight forward American food, this is it. The menu is very nice with a good selection. The Desha's burger and their fried chicken are excellent. The bar is also very nice. It is very well stocked and has a nice selection of craft beers along with good bourbon and scotch. The staff has always been quite pleasant and helpful when I have been there. They do get quite busy at times but I believe the wait is worth it. I have enjoyed time in the restaurant and bar several times over the past many years and have never been disappointed.

• Visited December 2013
Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at deSha's American Tavern, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Thank you for the review! Glad you are never disappointed!

Lithopolis, Ohio
“Yum!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband, son and fiance and fiance's parents and grandmother went to deSha's after addressing wedding invitations. We had driven in from central Ohio and went there on the fiance's family's suggestion. They had recently eaten the cheesy turkey on sour dough bread with a white sauce covering the entire dish. Everyone ordered that except my son who ordered a hamburger. This dish was sooooo good. I am going to make it at home! Service was good and the sports bar atmosphere was fine. There was an outdoor patio area that looked inviting. The experience was enhanced by being seated at a circle table. Great time!

• Visited September 2013
Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at deSha's American Tavern, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Thank you for the review and glad you enjoyed!!
Phoenix, Arizona
“Beautiful venue for business!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Spectacular setting for 40+ clients. The room was quiet, spacious, and the staff was wonderfully accommodating as our crowd grew. Good food and reasonably priced for business--classy place!

• Visited August 2013
Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at deSha's American Tavern, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thanks for the review! Glad we were able to accommodate your 40+ clients.
South Lebanon, Ohio
“food”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Desha's had the best Goetta Cheese Fries and also there cheese burger was just as good, plus the beer want bad either.

• Visited July 2013
trish58
“Not What It Used To Be”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I had not been to Desha's for many years but decided to go back while visiting the area a couple of months ago. It was very busy which I had noticed in years gone by practically nobody was there...good sign, so we thought. The waitress was nice enough and took drink orders promptly. We ordered an appetizer of stuffed mushrooms which used to be some of the best you would find anywhere...they were not very good at all and my husband could only manage to eat one. We noticed while sitting there talking that the table had such a film on it that you couldn't even scoot a finger across it. He pointed this out to the waitress who just kind of had an oh well attitude. It felt like a sticky/greasy film. My husband ordered a New York Strip and I had a fillet. We discussed the fact that aside from the fact that his steak was full of fat and gristle that it was some of the worst tasting meat that we had had anywhere. I am not a very picky person but in an establishment like this I don't think it is too much to expect cleanliness and decent food. This was one of my favorite restaurants about 15 years ago but we will not be back.

• Visited May 2013