“Pretty Good”

El Coyote Tex-Mex Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
El Coyote Tex-Mex Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #223 of 1,975 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cross street: Five Mile Road
Hebron, Kentucky
“Pretty Good”
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Mango margarita was yummy. Appetizer was great. Sausage and cheese mixture served in avocado halves. Salads were huge, but average. We got BBQ ribs and a ribeye steak. Both were real good. Had sweet potatoes that were yummy. We got Cream Kahlua Pie to go. Did not like it at all. Overall we enjoyed it

• Visited February 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Not what it used to be”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

This used to be one of the best restaurants around. You could order anything and it would be great. The last two times I have been there have been terrible. The food is bland. The mashed potatoes were like paste. Someone ordered the sweet potato side dish and it looked like baby food it was so running and disgusting. I don't know what happened but this is not worth it. Choose somewhere else.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank purplehuntress
Cincinnati, Ohio
“They almost have it turned around”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

El coyote was once my and my wife's favorite place to eat, so much that we would once or twice a month drive 35 minutes to go eat. Since then the ingredients seemed to get cheaper, the quality of a number of things fell off. It got so bad that we stop going completely for more than 3 years. About a year and a half back we decided to give it a try again hoping something had changed, and to our joy it seems to have changed much more for the better.
I would recommend the fajitas, mashed potatoes and tex mex macaroni. My wife once again loves the filet mignon. A bit pricy but I hope the quality is back to stay.

Lake Wylie, South Carolina
“Believe it, great margaritas, pork chops and mac & cheese.”
Reviewed December 23, 2013

I have not been to the El Coyote in years and visited last week and it is just as great as ever,
Margaritas ?? Simply the best that I have ever had out of a machine. Great mexican menu, but
their pork chop, mash potatoes and mac & cheese are also as good as I have ever had, including the ones I fix !!!! Amazing food, great drinks, late menu and a fantastic staff. Highly recommend !!!

• Visited December 2013
Bluffton, South Carolina
“Stay away ! It's going downhill !”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Came here on Saturday evening for dinner and our first tip should have been that we did not have to wait to get in at 615 pm. The second tip was our waitress greeting us dripping with sweat from her face. The pork chop I ordered was so tough - that the steak knife had a hard time. My wife's sautéed mushrooms were steamed. Her baked potato was not cooked.

We should have waited the 30 minutes for the Pelican Reef.

Total bill for this horrible dinner was $53.00 before the tip ( and it won't be a big tip).

Going downhill !!!!!!