“Excellent French Cuisine & Authentic Decor”
Review of La Petite France

La Petite France
Reserve with OpenTable
La Petite France is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 2,028 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is a great, off-the-track French restaurant, a family-owned business. The food is simply outstanding. One of my favorite meals is to eat from the appetizer menu. Try the pate - they are all wonderful. Salads are great! So are the soups. Try the smoked salmon - wow! The restaurant decor is very, very typical French. So, any downsides? Not really. The service is very French - professional and brisk. The servers are not trying to be your next best friend - which is very, very refreshing. They do their job and serve you great food.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

In my opinion, La Petite France is somewhat off the radar in restaurant-mad Cincinnati. However, it stands out with consistently excellent food and service. I have been there several times through the years and have never been the least bit dissatisfied. Always a enjoyable dining experience!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

I have been going to La Petite France for lunch for years! My favorite dish is Poulet au Porto which is and has been delicious for over 20 years! Service is good. Wine list also good. It is now my favorite birthday lunch place since I no longer work close by. My friends and I always look forward to it.

Reviewed February 21, 2012

La Petite France offers authentic French cuisine in a bistro format at reasonable prices, quality being considered. The monthly wine tastings with a four course meal matched with appropriate wines is a real bargain at $65 per person. The regular menu also offers good value. Despite its location in an obscure suburban strip mall, the interior is tastefully decorated and the owners and staff are very knowledgeable about the food and wines that they offer.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

On a busy Saturday night, our service was impeccable and the food excellent. Our server adjusted his routine to fit the slow pace of our table as we dawdled over drinks. Even as the room filled, our food was served exactly as we requested with one of our party ordering just salad and an appetizer. Two of the dinner highlights were the scallops and the sea bass.