“Come to Maury's and Step Back in Time”

Maury's Tiny Cove Steak House
Ranked #635 of 1,969 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American, Italian, Steakhouse, Contemporary
Good for: Large groups
Good for: Large groups
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Come to Maury's and Step Back in Time”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

You'll get a great cocktail, a good meal and great service all in the restaurant that time forgot.
That doesn't mean that it's not nice, it's just like stepping back to the 1960's when my Mom and Dad would take me out to dinner with them. It's cozy, and dark - really great in the winter time, but the deck out back is fun in the summer too.

The food is good. The lasagna is my current favorite and my hubby likes the filet and shrimp. The filet is tender and the shrimp are crispy and tasty. AND - the best part is the pickles - right there on the table for you to enjoy! What could be better.

Service was attentive, but not over-bearing. Nice, friendly folks at the bar to chat with. We will definitely be back.

• Visited August 2014

Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Friends at Maury's”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We like the restaurant & while the remodeling has spruced things up, it has done so without destroying the retro feeling. Food was good as was the service. Ambiance is a personal preference, but we prefer the locally & independently owned establishments to the chains. I'm not knocking the chains, they have their time and place, we just prefer something that is a bit different and brings a bit of the past to the present.

• Visited October 2013
Sarasota, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, and caring people”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We had a great dinner at Maury's and a few days later a Celebration of Life for my Mother in there upstairs room. The food was excellent both times. The people are very attentive and we caring at a difficult time. My Mother has loved Maury's for many, many years and so have I.

• Visited June 2013
Ohio
“Local favorite”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is certainly a local hotspot that seems to have a loyal following. The atmosphere is very outdated and the lighting is very dim, but the food was the highlight for my wife and I. I ordered their chicken and ribs platter. I'm not usually one to order ribs from a place that doesn't focus specifically on BBQ as I usually am left disappointed. My expectations weren't high, but the ribs were actually quite good. The BBQ sauce was tangy and the meat came off the bones with just a fork. The food saved our experience here as most other aspects were subpar or disappointing.

I certainly wouldn't recommend it as a romantic location as the tables are close together and the atmosphere is poor, but it's still worth it the trip for the food.

• Visited May 2013
Virginia
“Local gathering spot for dinner”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I went for the French Onion soup based on a reviewer's comment but more on that later. The entrance on Harrison Avenue is designed for short people - almost like a fairy-tale door in a tree trunk. Quite dark inside. Only time I have ever been asked if I wanted a seat facing the TV - but it was opening day for the Reds. Very attentive, friendly waitstaff. Cute dinner roll in something akin to a ramekin cup. French onion soup seemed to be overspiced. Portions large and reasonably priced. What is more unique is the atmosphere. Local couples and friends but no children. A lady reading poetry to her friend. Mostly beef-eaters based on menu selections overheard, but there were seafood and pasta options.

• Visited April 2013