“I really enjoy this place.”

Nicholson's Tavern & Pub
Reserve with OpenTable
Nicholson's Tavern & Pub is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #33 of 2,028 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Scottish, Pub
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Central Business District
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th
Description: Located in downtown Cincinnati across from the Aronoff Center, Nicholson’s is a restaurant and bar serving fine food and drink in a genuine Scottish tavern setting. Taking inspiration from the public houses found throughout Great Britain, our goal is to provide our guests with authentic hospitality and a brilliant dining experience. In addition to high-quality food, we offer a wide variety of beer, wine, bourbon, craft cocktails and feature one of the best selections of single malt scotch whiskies in the area.
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I am in town for a few days, discovered this place yesterday and had a few beers here. Returned this evening for dinner and was happy I did. First off, they have a great selection of beer...domestic and foreign! Our service was great both visits. The dinner menu has a nice selection with very reasonable prices. The food was excellent!!! They could easily charge more for the food because it is of high quality. If you are in the area, do yourself a favor and skip the $100 per person dinner spots and come here...you will be happy you did!

1  Thank AdventureMythsJon
Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Thanks for the great review and glad you enjoyed so much. Good to hear you think our food is excellent. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We chose this restaurant to celebrate my birthday with my husband. I used to be a fairly regular luncheon patron when I worked downtown but had not been back in some time. I was pleased to find the same high quality of food and service. Our server, FiFi was friendly and knowledgable. As a nod to the theme, all the servers wear Scottish kilts - short for the women and knee length for the male servers. They have an extensive Scotch selection but neither of us are fans of the beverage. We were pleased to find that they have a nice happy hour from 4 to 7 each day. I do not pretend to be very knowlegeable of Scottish cuisine but they do offer food ranging from fish and chips to Scottish eggs and bangers and mash. We started with a happy hour priced appetizer of deviled eggs. 5 nice pieces with a little pork belly and jalapeno garnish. Quite good. My husband opted for the fish and chips (2 pieces in the small portion and 3 in the large). He pronounced it to be very good. I had the flat iron steak with the duck fat fries. The fries were excellent but I was not a fan of the steak. Cooked medium rare as ordered but a bit tough. The only real miss of the evening was the so- called cobbler. It was really just some berries in a bowl with some streusel on top. Too hot to eat and I feel a cobbler should have a crust, not a few sprinkles. Overall a great dinner.

1  Thank Virginia P
Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for the good review, we appreciated it! Glad you liked the dinner overall and enjoyed the fish and chips and duck fat fries. Yum! Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed July 24, 2013

Food was good, service was good, beer was great! Nice food selection for a pub. We enjoyed our meal.

1  Thank mjcousins1952
Rachel K, Public Relations Manager at Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Thanks for your review and glad you enjoyed! See you back soon!

Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you want true Scottish flare this is your place. The food is very good and the atmosphere is a total immersion in old Scotland. Great place!

1  Thank Robert M
Rachel K, Guest Relations Manager at Nicholson's Tavern & Pub, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

What a wonderful review. Thank you. I hope you come back to visit soon!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

So, I've never eaten here, though I've always wanted to try the Scottish Egg. My wife and I do, however, come here when celebrating our anniversary for a swanky glass of Scotch.
Now, I know very little about Scotch (aside from the fact that I like it), so when I visit, I have to ask for help. The bartenders are very gracious and happy to be of service. If you suffer from the same ignorance, just tell them about the flavors that you want to taste and how much you want to spend. They usually have a cask pump ale on tap as well. Try one.
The "old Scottish" atmosphere at Nicholson's is second to none. Expect to get sucked in and never want to leave.

1  Thank IslandTime78

Thank you for such a great review and taking the time to write it. I am glad our bartenders and servers were so helpful with your scotch selection. Next time you are in you should try the food, our servers will be just as helpful for you to pick the best selection for you.