“Great Food, Friendly Staff”

Yard House - Cincinnati
Ranked #27 of 1,969 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Colleyville
“Great Food, Friendly Staff”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This place is near the stadiums and has very good food and a tremendous selection of beer. The staff is very friendly and will suggest food and drinks based on your likes. We went three times in three days on our last visit to Cincinnati. Sit at the bar and watch a game in this upscale sports bar.

Cincinnati
“A mixed bag”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went to the Yard House on Sunday and I would say that the experience had its ups and downs. The good was the selection of beer is outstanding. The food was a mixed bag. I had a burger and a calamari starter, and it was pretty good. My wife got scallops and it was dreadful. One of the worst entrees I've tasted in I don't know how long. The music was loud. Very loud. Loud enough that it was hard to have a conversation. Food prices were pretty high, as well. $17 for a small gritty, overcooked, poorly seasoned meal.

Overall this place is a so so. The Moerlein house has better food and better prices. This place has a better beer selection. If I had to choose I would probably to back to the Moerlein house and skip this place.

• Visited September 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House - Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Hi BearcatEd- We too are truly disappointed in how inconsistent your visit was. While we are happy to hear that that you enjoyed your burger and calamari, it sounds like we completely missed the mark with your wife's scallops. This is certainly not the impression we wish to leave you with. When you can spare a moment, please contact us directly at yhguest@yardhouse.com. We would appreciate the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail so the appropriate corrections can be made and we can hopefully make up for your disappointment.
Cincinnati
“Both exciting AND dissapointing”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

When I heard The Yard House was coming to Cincinnati I was pretty excited. With the revival of Cincinnati's brewing heritage, The Yard House felt like a natural fit. It is a huge venue with a lot of seating options both in and outside. Staff was very nice, even for a packed house on Friday night.

Beer: They have one of the widest beer selections I've come across in a while with both draft and bottle options, as well as a rotating taps of seasonal and limited release beers. If you're a beer lover, you'll do well here. If you're a beer nerd, well, I found the beer menu organized poorly - For example: Magic Hat #9 was listed in the 'Bitter - Strong - Piney' section. Due to the beer menu size, be prepared to read every page and beer listed - trusting their organization method means you might miss something. Aside from their frustrating categorization of beers, I was quite pleased.

The Food: While we didn't eat a whole lot a The Yard House, what we had as so-so. We ordered their California Roll sashimi as well as the pork belly tacos. The pork belly taco's were delicious and worth the price tag. The California Roll was just a huge ball of rice topped with a _little_ cucumber/crab/avocado - not impressed. My advised based on this is stick yo your traditional food and leave the sushi/sashami for a proper Sushi/hibachi joint.

What I loved: The Beer. Even more beer. And then there was the awesome beer.

What I'd Change: Not to sure. They deserve a second chance as far as the food goes. I think it was just the one dish that was a failure.

• Visited September 2013
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House - Cincinnati, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hi MaximilianRockefellr-Thank you for sharing your review. We were pleased to hear about your excitement in trying our Cincinnati location. It sounds like you were generally happy with your visit, but recognize the California Roll was not quite what you were expecting. We want your enjoyment of the food to match how you feel about the atmosphere and our beer selection. Sorry for disappointing you. Our goal is to have you be 100% happy with your selections. Since you were disappointed with the California roll, we would like to make it up to you. Would you mind contacting us at yhguest@yardhouse.com?
Akron, Ohio
“Great Lunch Stop”
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I was in Cincinnati for a business trip and found a great place for lunch. I was surprised they were not that busy. Service was great and the view was excellent. They also have outdoor seating as well. Menu was large with a great beer selection though we did not have any. Had the Cantina Tacos that were excellent. Great place if your by the stadium and ball field.

Alabama
“Excellent food, surplus of beer, and perfect location!”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My husband and I visited Cincy Sept 7-9 to attend the Reds/Dodgers series. I had never heard of the Yard House before, but when we looked at the menu outside, we had to try it. I had the (Mac and Cheese)^2 and it was delicious! My husband had the BBQ burger and said it was great as well. 143 different beers on tap... what more could you ask for? The server was even kind enough to let us sample 6 different beers before deciding which we would order.
We enjoyed the place so much that we decided to eat there again before leaving to go back to Alabama. Once again, everything was great. I had a pepperoni pizza and the hubs had the roast beef sandwich.
This will definitely NOT be our last trip to a Yard House restaurant.