“Biggest on tap beer list I've ever seen.”
Review of Yard House

Yard House
Ranked #55 of 2,061 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Higher end place. Has a large food menu, and a gigantic drink menu. Lots of seating as well, our party of 4 got in after a 5 min wait when the place was being flooded after the Reds game. Very impressed.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Have been to the Yard House twice before and both times loved the food and service. Visited last night (2 hours before a Reds/Cardinals Game) and obviously was a very, very busy night. Waited about 50 minutes which was really no problem as we expected that.

We were seated and approached by our waitress (who we told that we were celebrating our daughter's 15th birthday). Service was good but very slow (which is too be expected on such a busy night). We ordered the Onion Rings Tower (which came about 20 minutes later) and was very, very good. There are about 12-15 thinly sliced battered onion rings that have a parmasean cheese dusting and are very good.

We all ordered our meal and I ordered a glass of wine with my dinner (it never came). My two daughters and husband were pleased with their meals. I ordered the pepper dusted gorgonzola burger, medium. It came out completely burned and hard on the outside. Everyone else enjoyed their meals, flatbread, street tacos and pasta dish. When the waitress finally came back and i told her the burger was burned she did apolagize and said she would bring me the correct burger. My husband and two daughters were finished with their meals (about 25 minutes later) when my burger came back out. I cut into it and it was completely raw....not even warm in the center. I did not eat it and honestly didn't say anything at that point. My fault!!!

My daughter did receive a free birthday dessert which we all 4 enjoyed. I would have liked to have had my burger taken off our bill but again I didn't push the issue since it was a very busy night.

Overall, we will return but will choose a time when we know the staff and kitchen can handle all the orders correctly.

1  Thank ckesge
Yard_House, Guest Relations Manager at Yard House, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Hi Ckesge- Please accept our apology for the complete let down with your burger. Also, you mentioned some service opportunities that will be addressed by our management team. When time permits, would you please contact us at yhguestrelations@darden.com? We would like the opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

Obviously the main attraction with the Yard House is the beer, but the food is top-notch as well. The menu is massive (they have both “snacks” and “appetizers” and a whole section for street tacos) with an impressive variety of fusion cooking. My husband had the ribs which were tasty with a great sauce and fall-off-the-bone tender. I had the swordfish tacos which were piled full of veggies in addition to the fish with a snappy sauce.

The staff were very professional and easily dealt with a table near ours who kept adding people to their party, even after the first round of food was ordered. I highly recommend an outside table if the weather is anything but nasty. The patio roof and space heaters make it a comfortable environment and the view of the river is wonderful.

I didn't realize until later that Yard House is a chain, but I will absolutely seek it out in other cities.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I celebrated my 40th birthday here with my family. The staff was very friendly and accomadating. I had my elderly parents with us, and they ensured the seating was comfortable, appropriate, and the wheelchair was stored safely. The views were execellent, overlooking the Ohio river, Northern Ky skyline, and historic Roebling suspension bridge. The beer options were amazing, especially some of the locals ones that I had yet to try from Ohio. When our food arrived, the chef came out personally to me to apologize that my steak had been overcooked and would be out in another two minutes. I have not experienced someone coming out prior to my food arrival instead of waiting for me to possibly complain. He said he did not want to put that on the server, which I thought was very noble of him. I probably would not even have complained. All the food turned out excellent, and we were very happy with our dining experience.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Fantastic food. The restaurant is nice and open and airy. Very similar to Moerlein Lager house and Keystone Bar and Grill except the food is slightly better and they have way more beers on tap. Great place to drink at.

Been to Yard House? Share your experiences!