“Didn't totally live up to expectations”
Review of Alfio's buon cibo

Alfio's buon cibo
Reserve with OpenTable
Alfio's buon cibo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 2,001 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Erie & Michigan
Reviewed August 5, 2014

After seeing this place on the Best of Cincinnati list in several categories, I was expecting phenomenal food. My husband was really happy with his mussels, but I was a little disappointed with my mahi mahi with risotto, which had so much sauce it was like rice soup. The flavors were great, but it wasn't the perfection I expected based on the hype and the prices. Still high quality food, and I would give it another try!

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Had a superior meal with family and there was a lot of moaning and sounds of delight from everyone at the table. Our server Steve was both knowledgable and personable. We tried several dishes! Great ambiance...perfect!!!! I wish I could give them a 6!

1  Thank reddskyy
Reviewed July 22, 2014

There are many chefs but few have the talent and heart of Alfio. He is an artist who uses food to create delicious masterpieces. When attending his wine dinners (strongly recommend!!), he takes a flavor note from a wine and invents a dish that emphasizes the flavors perfectly. He has never made anything we don't LOVE! Plus, his passion for food is contagious and he is the nicest guy in town!

2  Thank Kendra T
Reviewed July 20, 2014

Great place on Hyde Park Square. First time I've ever seen an Italian/Argentine dual menu.
Portions were surprisingly large; lamb risotto was very well done, and they had a pretty nice wine selection as well. We'll be back now that we're close by!

Reviewed July 19, 2014

Visiting our son in Cincinnati. He heard great things about Alfios. They were right! He ordered the butternut squash soup which was so good, very thick. The grilled romaine had a great flavored dressing, just a little too much of it. I had the pistachio crusted salmon on top of butternut squash. Very tasty. Took some home. Tasted the chicken risotto and the shrimp and scallop entrees. Everyone loved what they ordered. Katrina, our waitress was very nice too. Vibrant atmosphere, every table filled!

1  Thank Emily G