“We love this place!”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 14th Street
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We have eaten here twice and have been delighted each time ~ they know what they're doing and they do it well. Our meals have always been perfect, the servers are nice and down to earth, the atmosphere is up scale casual and it's great to be downtown! We will return many times, I'm sure. PS The strawberry short cake is to die for

Reviewed April 28, 2013

an early dinner in time to head out for the symphony. Attentive service from a knowledgable server . The food was very good. This evening we were in the small front section which was nice. The only negative is that it quickly become loud and hard to hear the conversation at your own table. That aside, it was good enough that we are planning a return to sample more of the fresh choices. The fact that it takes reservations means that we will visit more often since we refuse to wait at some of the other (nice) places in the area.

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Cincinnati's redevelopment of the Over-the Rhine area continues at a rapid pace: housing, restaurants and shops. It is a pleasure to watch it grow. The Anchor is a nice addition, a seafood restaurant located across the street from the newly renovated Washington Park.

My wife and I went for an early dinner prior to attending a performance at the Ensemble Theatre nearby. The setting is nice, next to the park, with outdoor seating available. We were seated promptly. The wait staff were polite and helpful. The menu was almost entirely fish, with several specials available. We started with the fried oysters and the clam chowder. The oysters were fantastic: sweet and crisp with a tasty sauce. The chowder was creamy but with too much potato for my liking. My wife ordered the corvina. I tried the fish and chips. Both were good but could have been better. For dessert we shared he blueberry crumble.

I have two criticisms. Like in many other restaurants, when the waiters clear the dishes after the appetizers, they return your silverware for reuse. Why? Do you want to savor the taste of spicy oysters with your entree? Also, this restaurant has much going for it. A little more effort in the kitchen would result in great food, not just good food.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

A bright, clean decor that is very inviting. The location across fromthe redesigned Washington Park adds to the ambiance. The server was very friendly without the "Hi, my name is and I'm your best friend" appraoch. I was there for lunch and the food was excellent. The chowder great on a March day and the fish sandwich well seasoned and just the right size. A decent wine list as well. Very enjoyable!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Nothing like this in Cincinnati. We did an oyster tour to start coupled with a great selection of beer. The waiter knew what he was talking about and extremely helpful with beer and oysters. Killer selection of East and West coast oysters. The menu was very diverse and in our party of six everyone was raving about their orders. I ordered the Pompano and it was "out of this world". I can't wait to go back and telling everyone I know to go ASAP. Cozy and warm atmosphere, great for a casual date or evening with friends which is what I did. Love the food presentation, expect a full fish on your plate!