“Fresh seafood! Great oysters!”
Review of The Anchor

The Anchor
Reserve with OpenTable
The Anchor is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #191 of 2,062 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 14th Street
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Mmmm... our dinner at The Anchor was great... There was a great selection of oysters and they were fresh & sooooo good! I had the lobster pot pie (AWESOME!) and my husband has a whole filet of snapper thai style. Everything was delicious! For dessert.. banana pudding & blueberry crisp. YUM! All around great dinner. My only complaint is that their wine pours are teeny tiny, especially for such large wine glasses! But the overall wine/beer/cocktail selections are great.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

First of all The Anchor is on 1401 Race St.. Not the best area of town. That being said the Sea food and atmosphere was great. The staff was friendly and helpful. Make reservations, they open at
5 pm for Saturday. Their specialty is seafood and they don't let you down. The prices is a little high. If you want to eat cheap go to McDonald's. Lobster roll was about $24 bucks. We had fried oysters for and they were great, the homemade tater sauce was out of this world. They have a fine wine selection and have about 5 styles of draft beer. WE WILL GO BACK. I am not from Cincinnati, live a little north. We arrived at 6 pm and was told there was a 2 hour wait for a table. I think there was a event at the Music Hall, this was the reason for the crowd. We were able to eat at the bar. The bartenders were very friendly and would talk to you. The owners are on premises, any problems you can talk to them and it will be taken care of. I GIVE THIS PLACE 5 STARS.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Stop by the Anchor for a bite to eat after my husband and I went to the boat show. We didn't want a big dinner since we had eaten lunch late. Sat at the bar. Always love to sit at the bar. Made it just in time for their oyster special! On the half shell, they were the most wonderful oysters I have eaten in town in a long time. Freshly grated horseradish to accompany the cocktail sauce was out of this world! We talked with the bar maid and she let us sample some of the homemade canned veggies that one of the stafff had made. Yum! Along with our oysters we ordered the mussels and the brussel sprouts. One of our favorites! Litely fried and drizzeled with honey and sirhachi sauce. Outstanding! We will be going back soon and having a meal. The service was great the food even better. May be a little pricey, but the seafood is REALLY fresh!

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Food was fine. Bouillabaisse was very good. My problem was with the table. We made a reservation and ended up at a high-top in the bar. Really? When I make a reservation I expect a decent table, not a high-top in the bar. That's fine if I walk in off the street, but not with a reservation. At one point the bar became very crowded and loud. Not the atmosphere I'm looking for when I'm having dinner with the wife. We complained to no avail (even emailed them afterward and got no response). Friends have told me the Anchor has some good tables and some bad ones. I'd think twice about going back, because it's a crap shoot whether you get to sit at a table where you can enjoy your meal and some conversation.

Reviewed January 12, 2013

This is truly a seafood restaurant. No meat, period. The raw bar selections were the freshest I have ever had, and the sauces were awesome, vinegar and onion, traditional cocktail sauce, and freshly prepared horseradish to perk it up. I had their oysters, followed by fried smelts, and finally the salted shrimp. My meal was a series of appetizers. My wife had the whole fish which was beautifully deboned by our server who was absolutely a delight. We'll definitely be back because we hardly put a dent in their menu. There are many more items we want to try. BTW, the Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand was perfect with the seafood.