“Try it you'll like it food - be adventurous!”

Django Western Taco
Ranked #316 of 1,991 Restaurants in Cincinnati
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 2, 2013

My group of 7 women friends ate here for the first time on a Tuesday night. We were lucky to get perfect weather for sitting outside on the shaded back patio area.

The service was very good, as was the food. We tried all different kinds of tacos, and they were all good & different than we've had in the past. The guac was thick and chunky and looked fresh and tasted great. The django chips were OK but nothing special.

I walked through the restaurant to see the front area and it looked very nice and open and sun was shining in. They only thing that was not good was the area that I had to walk through from the back patio to get to the bathrooms - it was a really dirty service area that was NOT appetizing or healthy looking - gross.

Beware that some people started smoking outside on the patio - NOT good when you're allergic to it! Thought this was illegal in OHIO?

There was plenty of parking around back of the restaurant, and you just put a dollar in the yellow box by the sign.

There are newer reviews for Django Western Taco

Reviewed July 2, 2013

I loved the decor and music in the restaurant. Great mood. That was all the good I have to say. We ordered two margarita, one regular and the other jalapeno. Both were drowning in store bought mix, we were not impressed at all. My wife did not even drink hers. Chips were served with the drinks and they were horrible. We decided against eating there and headed downtown to enjoy a meal at nada.

Reviewed June 28, 2013

I really like Django. The people who work there are very friendly and accommodating, the food is excellent. One time we had a waaay oversalted chicken bowl, and they took it back, realized that it was oversalted, and treated us to another bowl on the house. The tacos are great, the bowls make probably 5 tacos for $8. The tortilla chips they serve at the beginning are not to my liking, they are covered with some sort of spicy powder, and the salsa needs the salt that they put into the chicken! But otherwise I've always been happy there.
The back patio is divine.
The shrimp taco is out of this world.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I had the pleasure of eating here on a Friday night. I think the food in the restaurant was pretty good and the price was reasonable. Chips were seasoned and the shrimp tacos were scrumptious. The wait staff was fantastic. The only issue is that it felt like I was sitting right in the kitchen with the cook. The atmosphere was full of smoke. When I left, my coat and hair smelled like I had worked there for an 8 hour shift. The place had a great deal of business considering the customers waiting for a table stood and watched every morsel I put in my mouth. There is really no waiting area so it was fairly difficult to eat comfortably while being gawked. Because of this. I would get a carry out when I go back.

Reviewed December 26, 2012

I had such high hopes for this place! I've been to Django Western Taco six or seven times, always with the hope that they have improved their menu. Sadly, it's just as dull and un-interesting as it was when they opened, even though they changed chefs. The last time I visited, the food was so salty that I could barely eat it. I felt like I was shoveling spoonfuls of salt into my mouth. The wait staff is awesome and super accommodating, but it doesn't make up for badly prepared food. The worst thing about this place is the decor. The ceiling fixtures consist of large oil cans with bullet holes in them. Is this supposed to remind us of the current sad state of Mexico? After six tries, I won't be back.